USB-1 Windows 7 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFjm

Premium Subscriber
I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7 using the USB-1 with the Prolific drivers. I have the driver Prolific 3.3.11.152 dated 3/12/2010 and have completly deleted and reloaded drivers several times. When it loads it lists as not working properly. Ocaisonally it works but then after loading my BCD396XT it gives me a blue screen of death.... It used to work fine I wish I could use my radio again....

FFjm

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have dug up as many as I could find and they all seem to point to the same driver but as many times as I have unloaded and reloaded that driver it still does not work.... Argh.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I went through a particularly miserable time trying to get a new laptop with Windows 7 to connect with my Uniden scanners.

I finally got fed up, ordered the Uniden cable from Scannermaster, downloaded the drivers from their site and my attitude changed immediately to very happy.

FFjm

Premium Subscriber
Team Fix

Are you talking about the USB-1 with the Prolific drivers or is there another cable I could buy with different drivers?

And yes, I would like to try the team fix, how should I proceed?

Thanx

SCPD

QRT
you can email me direct mikexeno@aol.com my time zone is EST let me know what day and time is good for you and i will help you. Are you going to use freescan or proscan with your radio.

SCPD

QRT
When I got a desktop with Win7 installed, all I had to do was plug in the cable and wait for Windows to download drivers. I didn't need the CD that had the prolific drivers on them. I love it when things happen like that. I had a hell of a time using the cable in Vista.

I think sometimes (with something new) we tend to make things harder. What happens when you plug the cable in? Does it try to load drivers? Further, does it set itself to a COM port? It will not work unless a COM port is attached and defined in the USB drivers.

SCPD

QRT
I fixed it for him. Was a conflict in com port settings with the blackberry and usb1 also did not have the 64bit drivers installed prolific pl2303 also the admin settings needed adjustment

FFjm

Premium Subscriber
Mike Xeno created a private session using team fix and solved my very frusterating problem in just a few minutes after re-installing several times he just jumped into the settings and solved the problem. Thank you very much Mike, I can use my radio again!

Status
Not open for further replies.