USB Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
Well, I thought my setup was going to be complete (for a little while anyway) when I moved 2 of my 3 feeds over to BCT15 scanners. I thought having the dedicated record out was going to help clean up some noise. But, it did not.

Here's an overview...

HP Thin Client T5720. All inputs are mono.

Feed 1 - Internal Mic Port on thin client fed from a BCT15 - East Windsor feed. Audio is excellent. Highest Quality of my 3
Feed 2 - $3 EBAY USB audio adapter fed from a BC350A - Tolland County Feed - Audio is pretty darn good but not perfect.
Feed 3 - $3 EBAY USB audio adapter fed from a BCT15x - Hampden County Feed - Audio is terrible. I upgraded from an Radio Shack PRO-2038 and the audio didn't get any better.

I swapped the sound card for the last feed. Same problem. I moved #3 to #2, same poor audio. I moved #3 to the internal port and it wasn't bad.

So, I guess the $3 USB sound cards aren't as good as I thought they were. Does anyone use something like this?
Newegg.com - ENCORE ENMAB-8CM 7.1 Channel USB Audio Box

It looks like it has a stereo input (which i can split to 2 feeds) and 2 mono mic inputs.

Thoughts? My only requirement is that the card I use cannot use external power. All of my scanners and my thin client are hooked up to DC power.

I hope it doesn't require drivers since I'm running XPe. If I HAD to install them, I could.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
Hello. I tried the $3 or less sound cards didnt have any luck with them. So a friend of mine let me use a Creative Xmod sound card it worked great. I got alot people that ask me what did I do to get the sound so clear on the feed so listen for a while with one with out the Xmod and the one with and i could really tell the difference so I got one for both feeds now

Rob_K

Feed Provider
Hello. I tried the $3 or less sound cards didnt have any luck with them. So a friend of mine let me use a Creative Xmod sound card it worked great. I got alot people that ask me what did I do to get the sound so clear on the feed so listen for a while with one with out the Xmod and the one with and i could really tell the difference so I got one for both feeds now

Is that an internal card or external? I'm using a thin client and need something via USB.

Thanks!
Rob

ScanTN

Status
Not open for further replies.