• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pro-106: USB Cord Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!! I'm just getting started with my radio and already learning a lot by reading around in here! I dug for information for my problem but I'm not seeing an answer. If I overlooked it, feel free to kick me in the shin and say "look at this link, dummy" :D

I have a Pro-106 and I purchased a USB cord for it from the following site:

3.35FT USB Programming Cable + Driver Software CD for Yeasu Vertex VX-5R - Free Shipping

Unfortunately, my computer freaks out when it tries to open the included driver CD and I can't get the links to the files on the above page to load.

Does anyone know where I can get the device drivers for the cord itself? Or any driver that would work with my cord?

Thanks for any help and I look forwawrd to learning more form you guys!
Art

Well I got that fixed. Was trying to use the ARC500 software but it when I choose my Com port and click "download from scanner" it sits there until I cancel it. Installed Win500 and when I clicked download from scanner, it almost immediately jumps to failed with "timed out waiting for 67452 data bytes, received 1". This is turning into a headache! Argh

...Unfortunately, my computer freaks out when it tries to open the included driver CD and I can't get the links to the files on the above page to load...
...That is for the RS 20-546 cable and should get you what you need, IF you have a genuine FTDI chip in your cable. If it's a counterfeit, and unfortunately they are out there, you may be out of luck.
If you need a programming cable for your PRO-106 with a genuine FTDI chip, you can purchase one here for $22.95 with FREE shipping included: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shac...O-197-PRO-651-PRO-652-20-546-500/151446649833

Status
Not open for further replies.