Pro-106: USB Cord Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmoojuice

Hello guys!! I'm just getting started with my radio and already learning a lot by reading around in here! I dug for information for my problem but I'm not seeing an answer. If I overlooked it, feel free to kick me in the shin and say "look at this link, dummy" :D

I have a Pro-106 and I purchased a USB cord for it from the following site:

3.35FT USB Programming Cable + Driver Software CD for Yeasu Vertex VX-5R - Free Shipping

Unfortunately, my computer freaks out when it tries to open the included driver CD and I can't get the links to the files on the above page to load.

Does anyone know where I can get the device drivers for the cord itself? Or any driver that would work with my cord?

Thanks for any help and I look forwawrd to learning more form you guys!
Art

madmoojuice

Well I got that fixed. Was trying to use the ARC500 software but it when I choose my Com port and click "download from scanner" it sits there until I cancel it. Installed Win500 and when I clicked download from scanner, it almost immediately jumps to failed with "timed out waiting for 67452 data bytes, received 1". This is turning into a headache! Argh

trp2525

...Unfortunately, my computer freaks out when it tries to open the included driver CD and I can't get the links to the files on the above page to load...

...That is for the RS 20-546 cable and should get you what you need, IF you have a genuine FTDI chip in your cable. If it's a counterfeit, and unfortunately they are out there, you may be out of luck.

If you need a programming cable for your PRO-106 with a genuine FTDI chip, you can purchase one here for $22.95 with FREE shipping included: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shac...O-197-PRO-651-PRO-652-20-546-500/151446649833

Status
Not open for further replies.