USB Sound Cards - Need specific one

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I need some USB sound cards like the one on the left. The last two orders I got off eBay were the ones on the right, and they suck! I contacted three eBay sellers and requested they send me internal pictures before I would buy. The US sellers said no and the china seller didn't understand what I was asking. Anybody have a certain seller they buy theirs from or and leads?

Tim

Attachments

• SANY0145.jpg
    SANY0145.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 324

timkilbride

Database Admin
The two outer clams just snap together and easily pull apart. You can't even tell if one has been taken apart before.

Tim

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Or just ask for a photo of the outside of the 3.5mm jacks, seeing as how the good version are black/yellow while the crap version are green/yellow. I just went through a few pages of them on eBay, and where you're able to see through the semi-transparent case to get a look at the components, every one I saw with the black/yellow jacks was the old style. All of the ones I saw with green/yellow had less components on the board.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
Ok here is my 2 cents worth. I have tired those cheep usb cards and the sound quailty of my feeds are terrible. I use the creative xmod. These do cost more but it will make the sound of your feed so much more clear. I bought all 3 of mine off ebay around 20 bucks each.

SCPD

QRT
Ok here is my 2 cents worth. I have tired those cheep usb cards and the sound quailty of my feeds are terrible. I use the creative xmod. These do cost more but it will make the sound of your feed so much more clear. I bought all 3 of mine off ebay around 20 bucks each.

I'm with you on that, I'm running a feed on liveATC.net using one and its pure junk. I switched to a $13.00 C-Media and all the noise the cheap one had went away. Not to mention the cheap epay ones burn up if you sneeze on them.

ocn29rsc

I have 6 sound cards running 2 of them are on live feed and the others are just recorded all of mine are bought from monoprice.com for just over 9.00 each.

The other two are c-media...but they are run pretty good.

kd5pck

I've used the Creative USB sound card in the past for my stream. I picked it up at Best Buy a while back. They now have them cheaper.Creative - Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro External USB Sound Card - 70SB129000001
It worked great for me without even installing any drivers that came with it. I changed up the shack a bit and swapped computers. If not for that, I would still be using it.
There's also another on their site by Andrea: Andrea - PureAudio USB External Sound Card - USBSA
I never used that one, so I can't comment on it. You may be able to find either of them cheaper on Amazon. I'd stay away from the cheap imports form overseas on eBay. Good luck.

longreach

Feed Provider
Hi all, i'll back the above post up. i also run a crative USB sound card on my stream - NSW Police and Ambulance, Rural Fire Service and Fire Brigade

works quite well hardly have to touch it and has great sound quality. the hum is crap cable running to it, will be punted shortly.

cheers all
Matt

timkilbride

Database Admin
Personally, I can't justify spending much for a sound card. Most of the money spent goes into the radio's(commercial), feed line(LMR400) and antenna's(DB224/Diamond stuff). I simply host the feed so others can enjoy at a low cost to me. Either way I'm listening to the radio anyways whether it was going to be a feed or not.

Tim

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Personally, I can't justify spending much for a sound card. Most of the money spent goes into the radio's(commercial), feed line(LMR400) and antenna's(DB224/Diamond stuff). I simply host the feed so others can enjoy at a low cost to me. Either way I'm listening to the radio anyways whether it was going to be a feed or not.

Tim

Just redirect some money to sound cards. Get 1 foot less of LMR400. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.