USCG freqs Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxbofh

I have heard a good amount of chatter on Marine 13 (I think they do bridge coordination there)

The USCG does safety announcements on 16, and makes the actual announcement on 22a.
(on 16 they will say "This is USCG Portland with information regarding Columbia river near mile marker 16, go to channel 22 alpha" -- Then they will go to 22a to make the announcement)

Those are the 3 that I have heard activity on, but remember, none of these channels have 'repeaters' so unless you are near the waterway, you may not hear a lot. (except 16, the USCG has multiple towers simulcasting)

I am fairly new to marine radio, so someone correct me if I am not quite correct.

Last edited:

mikepdx

Last edited:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
mikepdx said:
Talkgroup 16208 on Portland Bureau of Emergency Communications (BOEC) 800 MHz System.
Routine traffic heard daily.

also 157.175 MHz VHF Marine Channel 83A

USCG Group Portland VHF Radio Coverage Charts -
Portland to The Dalles OR:
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/marcomms/cgcomms/charts/13prtlnw.jpg

The Dalles OR to Richland WA:
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/marcomms/cgcomms/charts/13prtlne.jpg

Thanks for those links, mikepdx. I assume that the CG radio sites are marked with the black crosses, i.e., SKYLINE, RAINIER, etc., correct?

- Chris

ecps92

Stumbled on those links [East Coast] today as well. Interesting to know what "High" sites they use. However, thinking as they roll along with Rescue-21 how many new sites are being added.

ChrisP said:
Thanks for those links, mikepdx. I assume that the CG radio sites are marked with the black crosses, i.e., SKYLINE, RAINIER, etc., correct?

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.