USFS San Bernardino, Inyo pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
A couple of USFS Wiki page issues:

In the first table in the SBNF page, I'm guessing that channel 11 has RX and TX swapped (incorrectly), since all the others have RX on the high side of the spread, and they have some sites in common (and probably antennas/RX filtering/TX combining). This is confirmed by the CNF page, too.

In the first table on the INF page, same issue for channel 1. I'll note that the next table shows a supposed change in 2017, which would solve the issue if integrated into the first table. Did they actually proceed to change the mobile TX freqs?

n.b. This is not a complete review of the USFS pages, just this particular issue that I noticed while reading the SBNF page.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Keep in mind that any registered user of RadioReference has the ability to edit the Wiki pages. They are intended to be user-supported resource.

ecps92

Also not all forests have completed the NTIA conversion - many are still in the middle of the conversions

IF you can confirm the changes, Feel free to post and update the wiki
and make a DB Submission

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Since your post is about an issue with specific Wiki articles, I've moved your thread to the appropriate regional forum.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that any registered user of RadioReference has the ability to edit the Wiki pages. They are intended to be user-supported resource.

I'm aware -- I just didn't feel qualified, hoping someone more familiar with the system or someone who had previously worked on it (like KMA371 or QDP2012) would have a look.

I do hear a repeater output with CNF-relevant traffic on 171.425, so I'll make the first change. I'm out of range of the Inyo sites, so I won't do anything there.

bb911

Take a look at the database with "shown" picked in the Input Frequencies drop down menu.. Also, FWIW I found at least one error on the SBNF general description Wiki page, unrelated to radio frequencies.

I'll check what's in my Win 97 program re: input freqs for the BDF and CNF soon and post what I discover.

bb911

Take a look at the database with "shown" picked in the Input Frequencies drop down menu.. Also, FWIW I found at least one error on the SBNF general description Wiki page, unrelated to radio frequencies.

I'll check what's in my Win 97 program re: input freqs for the BDF and CNF soon and post what I discover.

I have the freqs as listed in the database, BUT I rarely monitor them as I can receive the BDF outputs just fine (171.4750 and the UHF links). I get poor reception for everything on the CNF since I changed my location.

168.7500, shown as the input on Ch. 11 on the BDF page, is the old CNF R ouput.

f40ph

Feed Provider
A couple of USFS Wiki page issues:

In the first table on the INF page, same issue for channel 1. I'll note that the next table shows a supposed change in 2017, which would solve the issue if integrated into the first table. Did they actually proceed to change the mobile TX freqs?

They're planning to change Inyo North this year (didn't get it done last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.