• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Using an Inexpensive P7200 as a monitor receiver (scanner) - Firmware changes required

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
There are number of very good condition P7200 radios with Project-25 trunking enabled on eBay selling for $25 each, WITHOUT accessories. A few radios with accessories selling for higher prices. In the roll of a P-25 Trunked system scanner, capable of receiving Simulcast systems, it is a fantastic bargain at $25 (compared to a Unication G5 receiver ~$600).

These radios WILL NOT "talk" to RPM R10b07 software without a firmware downgrade, as the radios were set-up to use a much later revision of RPM.

If you decide to purchase one of these radios, you will need to have the following firmware config in the radios for optimal performance with RPM R10b07, with this underappreciated radio:

• The BURNApp must be downgraded to R11a04
  • The BOOTApp can remain at R12a00 (R12.00.00)
  • The XGP firmware must be downgraded to XGP R02a26

The above changes take approximately 30 minutes for each radio.

All the required accessories (battery, charger, antenna, etc.) for radio can be found on eBay too.

[ PLEASE NOTE: I am not the seller, or have monetary interest in these radios. I just figured-out what it takes to get one working the RPM R10 for a ham buddy, and thought I would share the info with the group. ]

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
Dr Mark can you use the old Programmer software? Or wait, it wont program P25 systems will it? (Programmer R18)

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Do you know the features that are enabled in these radios?

Edit: Just got a response from the seller.

They have the following:
SYSGRP - 65535
TRKSYS - 255
CVNSYS - 65535

01 - Conventional Priority Scan
04 - EDACS Group Scan
05 - EDACS Priority System Scan
06 - EDACS/P25 ProScan (ProSound / Wide Area Scan)
07 - EDACS/P25 Dynamic Regroup
08 - EDACS/P25 Emergency
09 - Type 99 Encode and Decode
10 - Conventional Emergency
12 - Digital Voice
14 - DES Encryption
22 - ProFile
23 - Narrow Band
29 - ProVoice
33 - P25 Common Air Interface (CAI) – P25 Conventional
35 - P25 Over-The-Air ReKeying (P25 OTAR)
37 - EDACS/P25 AES Encryption (256-Bit)
39 - P25 Trunking
50 - OMAP Wideband Disable

Just bought a couple. I just wish they had 47 - Phase 2 enabled.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
At $33 shipped, they seem about right to me as you'll need to spend another $50 or so in accessories. There are other P7x00 series radios selling for right at the $100 mark that have all accessories, so I don't think they are off of their mark. Plus they realize that whoever buys them will more than likely have to revert firmware to get them to work with their programming platform.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
At those prices they have got to be hot.

Nope, radios are 8-10 years old. This occurs all the time when a customer (system user) upgrades to newer model radios.

New London Technology in Lynchburg has made a great living in the past 40 years purchasing, refurbishing and selling used/surplus radios when systems upgrade their user radios. NLT is but one example of this business model.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I can't seem to get the dropbox files to save.

Edit: I Got it! I was trying to click on the files to download vs using the download function. Shows you how much I use dropbox... Thank you very much for the firmware & burnapp!

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Looks like the same seller, so it probably does. Plus you got the battery and charger, so you did good.

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
Honolulu is EDACS Provoice ...looks like they went to P25 Phase II

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
I left my programming cable in NM....ordered a new one too

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Nope, radios are 8-10 years old. This occurs all the time when a customer (system user) upgrades to newer model radios.

New London Technology in Lynchburg has made a great living in the past 40 years purchasing, refurbishing and selling used/surplus radios when systems upgrade their user radios. NLT is but one example of this business model.
I see brand new ones on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.