Using both TRX-1 AND TRX-2 ??? Wendy ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilbell

I assume that there are two separate software packages and that there are enough differences in the two scanners to require that. My basic question is can I use the same configuration in both the desk TRX-2 and a handheld TRX-1 ? Hopefully I won't have to do separate programming for each. Maybe use a micro card in an adapter for the TRX-2 and use a micro card in the TRX-1

If you KNOW the answer please let me know soon. I love my TRX-2 and will probably be buying the TRX-1 to use in my car.

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA

N8IAA

I assume that there are two separate software packages and that there are enough differences in the two scanners to require that. My basic question is can I use the same configuration in both the desk TRX-2 and a handheld TRX-1 ? Hopefully I won't have to do separate programming for each. Maybe use a micro card in an adapter for the TRX-2 and use a micro card in the TRX-1

If you KNOW the answer please let me know soon. I love my TRX-2 and will probably be buying the TRX-1 to use in my car.

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA

Both use the same flavor of EZScan. So you only have to load one scanner program on the PC. That way, you can have both set up the same, or make a different CDAT file for each.
HTH,
Larry

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Larry I own both and read on this site that because of the differences you must run the trx-1 software for the trx-1 and the trx-2 software for the trx-2. This is how I manage both of my scanners.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Larry I own both and read on this site that because of the differences you must run the trx-1 software for the trx-1 and the trx-2 software for the trx-2. This is how I manage both of my scanners.

Hi Neil -
You can use the same programming configuration on both software packages. However, there is one step that you will need to take after loading the configuration in the other version of EZ Scan. In the General Settings tab, below the scanlist window, click on the button that says “Restore Factory Defaults”. This will change all of the settings (volume, squelch, etc.) to fit the parameters of appropriate model.

Thanks,
WW

Status
Not open for further replies.