• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Using Fleetsync On Kenwood 2312

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Does anybody know what the secret to using fleetsync on the Kenwood 2312 is? I'm trying to match my kenwood 7160 I have in the truck and some others in the county. I went to the bank. Set the Optional Signaling to Fleetsync, Went into the fleetsync setup menu, Setup a Number Fleet and Own ID's and set it to EOT End Of Transmit but when I try to write to radio I get a write error EOT Transmit.. How Do I Fix That? What am I doing wrong?

Av8tor56

I'm not all that familiar with the 2312 but on most of the Kenwoods I program you have to activate the PTT ID in the channel by way of channel edit.

Av8tor56

The only other thing I can think of is to look in "Optional Features" and check if the signalling in there is set to MDC 1200 or DTMF. You may also need to check under Model. Some Kenwoods have to have the FleetSync enabled there.

btritch

I've got everything turned on and set the ID and everything right, The bank is set to Fleetsync and each channel is set to fleetsync, That's fine and when I go to each channel edit and select EOT or BOT or both I get an error message..

Av8tor56

I'm looking at the software for a 2360 so bear with me. It sounds like you're set up ok but is the FleetSync enabled in the Model Information menu? On the 2360 it is defaulted to MDC-1200 so if everything else was set up you'd still get an error as it's looking for an MDC ID. I don't know if it's the same as a 2312 but it might be a place to look.

gadget0308

I have figured out the issue. Under the edit menu on the top, go to optional features, go to common 2, and change the PTT ID TYPE from DTMF to FLEETSYNC/MDC. This will fix your issue

nick223

Feed Provider
i have the same radio i never had a problem with programing fleet sync into the radio just make sure each channel is slected to accept the id. also under fleet sync make sure the caller id box is checked....nevermind i just say you fixed the issue lol

Status
Not open for further replies.