using SDS 100 without battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
I was wanting to use my SDS 100 to host a feed, is it a bad idea to use my SDS 100 without a battery? Thanks and sorry for the dumb question..

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I was wanting to use my SDS 100 to host a feed, is it a bad idea to use my SDS 100 without a battery? Thanks and sorry for the dumb question..

I believe that all the record functions of the scanner will no longer operate if no batteries are present. This is to prevent possible SD card corruption if a power loss should occur during a recording session which involves writing to the SD card. The batteries act as a safety buffer so the write to the SD card cannot be interrupted by a power failure and possible result in SD card corruption.

If this functionality is not needed then I think it should be OK, although I seem to remember one other thing that happens without batteries but cannot seem to remember it at present.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
another question, is it a bad idea leaving the battery in charging 24/7?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I keep mine docked on a Spectrum Force single scanner stand constantly connected via usb to a main front usb port on my Dell, with a green light. Now and then I will take it with me on an errand, but it has been docked and tethered for months and never a problem. I have wondered, tho, and hopefully Uniden Support can comment on this - if you rarely use the battery and stay plugged in all the time, should you just take the battery out until you need it? Just curious...

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.