USN Blue Angels – Tuscaloosa – May 8-9, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
How did they get lucky and land the Blues two years an a row? Who's pulling the strings? Thats a pretty good feat for a smaller venue.

NO4K

As for getting the Blue Angels 2 years in a row; a Blue Angels spokesperson was quoted after last years show as saying the Tuscaloosa audience was one of the biggest they have ever performed for. I guess they go where they are appreciated :)

dave911

Premium Subscriber
It was obviously more than Tuscaloosa had planned for because the logistics was a disaster. I love the Blue Angels but I'll NEVER go to an air show down there again. That's just how bad it was. If you do go, don't ride the bus. Park where you can get to your vehicle on your own. I got lucky because someone got off the 1st group of buses because they thought they could walk to their car quicker. It took a buddy of mine 4 hours to get to his car on the bus.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Update?

While travelling mobile from about fifty miles away from Tuscaloosa, the following frequencies were monitored at around the scheduled time for the USN Blue Angels portion of the airshow.

237.8, 284.25, & 275.35.

Though I can’t say with any degree of accuracy that these were indeed the Blues, past frequency usage and type comms would suggest so. Since I wasn’t at the airshow I can’t verify specific usage of the above.

Anyone that can corroborate these from today or tomorrow can post an update. I hope to see the Blues practice at Forrest Sherman Field in mid June.

I also heard ground personnel on Tuscaloosa airport frequency126.3 tell a pilot that he would have to contact the airboss on what I thought was said 108.7. It could have been 128.7. Or it could have been totally something else. Again, anyone that attended or will attend the airshow can verify. Program both of you are going tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.