UT log files/data

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogbobo

great program btw ... I ran it on an edacs system when I was out of town this weekend and I'd like to make sense of the log data ...

I'd like to be able to see the totals for things like group hits and channel hits ... I know UT saves this somewhere, but since I cant monitor the out of town system again I don't know how to get to the info from within UT ... any ideas? thanks :)

p.s. I tried looking through the .log file but it was so verbose and I'd prolly go insane trying to piece it together :cool:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
All of the files in the UT directory that are prefixed with your particular system are actually readable in notepad and may help give you some of the information you are looking for.

The are pretty much comma-delimited text files - could even import them into MS Access or OpenOffice if you wanted. So just go and open up the .gid, .hz, .pln, .rid, .sit and .sys files and see if what you are looking for is not in there. Of course you'll have to figure out what some of the fields are in each one. If you have accumulated enough information about the system, some of them will be fairly populated with info.

Mike

pogbobo

ah I see ... why I didn't poke around in those files first I'll never know haha

cg

Premium Subscriber
you can edit those files to make changes in the colors, descriptors, etc. I would recommend that you get in the habit of backing up the file before you edit it. When you are done, save as a plain text file.
You can use the free editors Wordpad or Notepad in Windows. Notepad will not do some really large files.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.