Utah/UCAN Radio ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkirkpatrick

I apologize if this has already been posted and or asked but I cannot find anything in the forums about what I am asking:

Does anyone have any information for Utah Radio ID numbers for the Pro-106 iScan?
I can bring them up and view them on my radio but have no previous info for them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

kkirkpatrick

Let me re-phrase my question: Does anyone have ANY information for Utah Radio ID's (RID) at all for Utah??

KF7OQQ

Premium Subscriber
You will have to listen to the conversation and figure out who the radio ID is tied to like Truck xx or Rescue xx or Dispatch. It takes some time but that is have the fun for me is tring to figure out who they belong to. Just a heads up sometimes the radio if portable won't be with the same unit and if they go in for repair they might end up in a different vehichle.

ryanisflyboy

Premium Subscriber
I have a really old scanner, and so I don't know how useful RID info would be. Can some scanners display an alpha tag for radio IDs, or does it just show the number? Also, is there a way to store RIDs in the RR database?

Further, would publicly providing RID information cross a line in some way?

N7YUO

In this hobby, certain information is considered "confidential information". Some of us run Trunker, and it shows the radio ID's. Some of us have identified a lot of radios, but that information is usually only shared with people we personally know.

I have no problem giving out ID's of dispatches, fire trucks, UCAN crew,and so on. But giving out the radio ID's of officers, I would consider that to be unethical. The last time I had a radio ID list was 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.