utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamcourage

some one told me all of utah wen't digitel did they lie to me I hope so. If not can some one email me at teamcourage@bresan.net. i am new to trunking but not scanners adn will need help prgraming my scanner for utah when I come visit.

bkw

Is this true? I was under the impression that there are only a couple of talkgroups that are currently digital in UCAN. Also, what is the word on the new dozens of police talkgroups that is mentioned on the UCAN page of this site? Where are these being heard? Thank you.

Pro-95

I heard them. From the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City. By programming a bank for the UCAN in SLC and bank for the UCAN from MAGNA I picked up literally dozens of never reported talkgroups that appeard to be PD and becuase of my lack of knowledge for Salt Lake I could only guess which agency was talking. Most however were from the greater Salt Lake valley area because of the street names/numbers.

I'm prettty sure most of the ones I found are in the P95 file I uploaded in the P95 thread of Salt Lake City. If you download a copy of WIN95 and this P95 file you can see what banks I had going while in Salt Lake City. None of the channels I heard were digital or encrypted as my Pro-95 will do neither. ;)

bkw

I wonder if the Salt Lake County Public Safety trunked system has been moved to the UCAN system and these are all the new talkgroups. I'll be back in Utah in a couple of weeks so I can't verify this but is there anyone who can verify the Salt Lake County Public Safety is still operational? It seems to be the trend for all government communications to be converted over to the UCAN system so this would make sense on where all the new talkgroups have come from. Any other ideas?

Pro-95

bkw said:
I wonder if the Salt Lake County Public Safety trunked system has been moved to the UCAN system and these are all the new talkgroups.
Hmm, it could very well be if the Public Safety trunked system has plans on migrating over. However as of last week both systems were still working and in full force. It could be that they are simulcasting but I never did check that out because I generally only had one system on at a time and that was mostly the UCAN. I too will be back in a couple of weeks but this time only for a day. Hopefully someone in the area can begin to make heads or tails of this.

I might add that the UCAN system, well mostly the Motorola Smartnet is an awesome radio system. Too bad Nevada can't take a look over the fence and see what the neighbors are doing.

BTW one of the dispatchers for Midvale/West Jordan has an incredibly sexy voice. :shock:

zergg

Premium Subscriber
HELLO,

I am going to be in Salt Lake, down to Price, and back to Salt Lake, this next weekend. Can you hear any of the digital systems from Salt Lake. I will be bringing both My PRO-95 and PRO-96. How well does the 96 perform on these digital systems.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Pro-95

zergg said:
Can you hear any of the digital systems from Salt Lake.
Hello Dan,

I wouldn't know as my little non-digital Pro-95 would just stare back at me with a dumb blank stare if it encountered a digital signal. ;)

I did however scan Salt Lake City with much success using my Pro-95 (the P95 file is in this Utah section and available for uploading). To my knowledge and admittedly I've not been following the news for Utah, there is no digital in Salt Lake City but people FROM Utah say there is digital so I'd definatley bring both, just in case. ;)

gogetumnow

There are very few digital frequencies in Salt Lake. One or two Narc frequencies and that's about it.

All the police, fire, medical etc are on Motorola Smartzone. There are 2 systems in the Salt Lake Valley. There is the Salt Lake City system, which includes SLC police, fire and a few county police frequencies. Then there is the UCAN system which is highway patrol and out-lying metro police forces. UCAN also covers most of northern Utah. It's all in the DB here on the site.

Most of northern Utah has gone to Motorola Trunking, but pure digital is sparse here. A digitial capable scanner doesn't get you much.

als365

I was in salt lake last week from nevada to drop someone off at the airport and the salt lake county public safety trunked system has NOT moved to the UCAN system. They still have their own trunking sites but some of the talkgroups are simulcast on UCAN.

walld12

Digtal talk Groups in Salt Lake

there are a few digital groups being used
mostly for narcs and drug work and cover ops
main dispatching is in the clear.
and the Salt Lake county Sheriff has joined Ucan and is on
the Salt Lake simo site very active.
The Old Sheriff system is no longer have an active Control ch
use the 868.1125 Datach for the Salt Lake Simo.
you will hear every thing then.
I will not post the freq. they are located in the data base.

Status
Not open for further replies.