• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

UV5R and GP328

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeoth19

Hi dude, i need some serious helps.

I'm very new to radio and know nut about frequency terms.

Currently i,m having a UV5R and wish to communicate onboard my vessel GP328.

How does that work?

Thanks in advance!!!

bharvey2

You would first need to know what frequencies that your GP328 uses. Those frequencies would then need to be programmed in to your UV5R. The best way to determine this if you don't know already is to read the GP328 with the programming software. If not, suitable radio scanner may help you determine those frequencies. Once you have that list compiled, you would use programming software for the UV5R to program that radio. FYI: It is quite likely that while this is possible to do, it may be illegal to do so depending upon your location and frequencies used.

yeoth19

You would first need to know what frequencies that your GP328 uses. Those frequencies would then need to be programmed in to your UV5R. The best way to determine this if you don't know already is to read the GP328 with the programming software. If not, suitable radio scanner may help you determine those frequencies. Once you have that list compiled, you would use programming software for the UV5R to program that radio. FYI: It is quite likely that while this is possible to do, it may be illegal to do so depending upon your location and frequencies used.

HI sir,
is there anyway that i can check the GP328 frequencies?

bharvey2

There are two ways that come to mind. As I noted before, the best way would be to use the programming software and proper cable to read the radio programming. As long as there was no read password, you could get all of the information that you need.

The second option would be to use a scanner with a "close call" feature (ability to scan through a defined range of frequencies at a very high rate) while you are transmitting with the radio. this would need to be done on each channel. Unfortunately, this won't help you in determining what frequencies the radio is receive on each channel. The scanner would also need to be able to determine squelch codes if those are programmed into the radio as well.

You'd need to proceed with caution using the second method: You mentioned that this radio is used on a boat if I recall. If the radio is programmed with marine frequencies, you could potentially be transmitting on emergency or Coast Guard channels. If so, you might find yourself the recipient of unwanted attention.

I'd suggest the former option. If there is a two way radio company in your area, they might be able to help you with reading the radio.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If the radios are within a few feet of each other, Close Call will still work if the TX radio is wearing a dummy load. That will eliminate issues with TX on public safety or other sensitive freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.