• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V0.93-0.17K-R02 Firmware Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
ok guys i need help with installing firmware i have downloaded it from the email but the loader can find the firmware image. i would like help or input also the firmware loader says it is looking for the pager

matt

Jimco

This one's not going so well for me. I successfully flashed the firmware, but every time I receive a transmission, my radio crashes and reboots. I'm going to try reflashing it now to see if that helps. :(

Second problem solved. It must have been a bad firmware flash. I reflashed it and all appears well now.

Jimco

ok guys i need help with installing firmware i have downloaded it from the email but the loader can find the firmware image. i would like help or input also the firmware loader says it is looking for the pager

If you start PPS, does it see the device? The radio should show "PC Connected" when you start PPS.

troymail

Silent Key
Interested in seeing this in action.... but assume based on the way it is written there is no change to the mute status.... we'll see.

Added “encryption” icon in the UI and the message box record list for received encrypted messages.
ok - I see the little shield in front of the radio ID when the voice call is encrypted... no muting (but that wasn't listed as implemented so I wasn't expecting it to be). Seems to display the shield for both programmed talkgroups as well as in wildcard/monitor mode. Hopefully, this is a precursor to a future mute (or skip) solution.

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT use the portable dealer Uni Maintain Tool. It Shouldn't have even been in the release folder. I must have overlooked it. That utility requires different drivers and the unit to be in an engineering mode for it to work correctly.

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
ok - I see the little shield in front of the radio ID when the voice call is encrypted... no muting (but that wasn't listed as implemented so I wasn't expecting it to be). Seems to display the shield for both programmed talkgroups as well as in wildcard/monitor mode. Hopefully, this is a precursor to a future mute (or skip) solution.

That's what I am trying to get implemented.

Jimco

If you start PPS, does it see the device? The radio should show "PC Connected" when you start PPS.

FYI, the reason I recommended this is because the firmware updater doesn't provide the same level of info. PPS will show you if the device is recognized no matter what. The firmware update can seem to indicate it doesn't detect the device for various other reasons it seems.

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
To determine whether the unit is connected you can check the device manager under network adapters. It should show Unication USB Ethernet/RNDIS #X. Also you can Ping the IP using the command prompt the IP is 10.10.0.12.

Attachments

• Driver.jpg
    Driver.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 593
  • PING.jpg
    PING.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 578

mdsxfire

EDBM
I have pps installed but do not have my pager yet. What is the correct order to plug everything in so the PC recognizes the pager and installs the driver. Or are there drivers somewhere I have to install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elrod

I haven't seen it mentioned for this new firmware release yet.
Do we still have to change all the knob function settings to tone from silent, or we get the dreaded
speaker X again.

Chuck

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
I have pps installed but do not have my pager yet. What is the correct order to plug everything in so the PC recognizes the pager and installs the driver. Or are there drivers somewhere I have to install?

The driver installs at the beginning of the PPS installation so always install the PPS before connecting unit.

troymail

Silent Key

I'm using Windows 10 and I did nothing special beyond installing the PPS and running the firmware updater. Best I can tell, the only sequence required is to ensure the radio is connected via the USB cable and powered on before pressing the Download button on the updater tool. If the updater can't find the radio, it will tell you.

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
One thing to possibly do as well is once the new firmware is installed, open the pps and make sure your codeplug is ok and resend it to the pager, don’t think it’s necessary but I did have one profile get borked

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.