• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

v14 CPS, importing CSV's, xpr-4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8QVO

I am trying to import CSV files to the Radio Management tool in CPS v14. Can anyone give me some pointers on it?

I tried to reverse the process and export the codeplug I made to CSV to see how it was formatted but it doesn't have any of the operational data in it - just the SN etc - basic info about the radio.

I have read where there may be differences in the "formatting" structure of CSV files between different spreadsheet programs (excel, open office, excel on PC vs windows emilator on MAC, Google Sheets, etc). However, I don't think I am even to that level of "missing the boat" yet - I am not sure on the formatting structure.

What I am trying to accomplish is to export out from an Anytone codeplug the data in CSV then import it in as CSV to the Motorola so I can run it on my XPR-4550.

I downloaded a fresh users/contacts list today trying that instead, but I am getting similar errors.

In the Anytone CPS I have the ability to export specific sections of the information (users, zones, channels, scan groups, etc) as individual CSV files. I am not sure that I can import the individual files to the Motorola CPS? Do I have to create a spreadsheet CSV that contains everything then get it formatted right to import in to the Motorola CPS?

KC8QVO

So, for example, how do I import the contacts list located here:
https://ham-digital.org/status/users.csv

to my code plug?

I figured out, this evening after getting a code plug from a friend, that I can copy/paste between them. That doesn't help me with the contacts - it only goes so far as what is in an existing code plug.

There is information in the thread here (see below) on getting CSV files to motorola CPS through Radio Management. I am not sure why it is thought to "not be supported"?
https://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/325693-cps-import-csv-data-structure.html

This is also the excerpt from the Help menu in CPS describing CSV imports:

Last edited:

Firebuff880

So, for example, how do I import the contacts list located here:
https://ham-digital.org/status/users.csv

to my code plug?

I figured out, this evening after getting a code plug from a friend, that I can copy/paste between them. That doesn't help me with the contacts - it only goes so far as what is in an existing code plug.

There is information in the thread here (see below) on getting CSV files to motorola CPS through Radio Management. I am not sure why it is thought to "not be ssupported"

Motorola does not support the ability to import from an kind of file any aspect of a code plug. At one time the HAM community had code available the decompiled a code plug updated the contact list an recompiled it. That feature for many reasons has been gone for awhile !

Best you can do is learn Radio Manger where in configuration mode you can use sets.

Sorry, just the way MOTOTRBO CPS is.

N4KVE

What I am trying to accomplish is to export out from an Anytone codeplug the data in CSV then import it in as CSV to the Motorola so I can run it on my XPR-4550.
This will never happen. But should you know somebody with any Moto DMR radio that has the info you want, it takes 2 minutes to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.