Va. State Police Divison2

Status
Not open for further replies.

amick614

Premium Subscriber
New to this ...hope I do it correctly.......interested in control channel freqs. for div.2 of Va. State Police....not quite understanding the freq. guide......I did program in the freqs. listed fir the mobile site in Richmond no transmissions heard ......at this point I am only logging in control channels in my uni den 996 help!!!!!

wmbio

I'm In Cumberland MD, and using the 161.825, 161.8275 control channels for Culpeper.
Working great this far north... I have a freescan file if you need it, PM my sig.

PS...whom ever is keeping the map updated...looks good!

Enjoy
Wmbio

Last edited:

amick614

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for both responses...however when I enter thes freqs.......scanner is telling me the are out of band>>>>more help needed!!!!

gcgrotz

I had no idea there was a site on High Top in Nelson County. I don't think there was ever an analog site there. Should help coverage a lot, I see I will have to upgrade my STARS programming!

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
When I drove from Richmond to Clifton Forge a few weeks ago, my scanner locked on the High Top Mtn site from just west of Clifton Forge to just north of Buena Vista. Definitely covered a nice gap from before when I didn't have that site programmed.

amick614

Premium Subscriber
I would love to have any help I can.....I feel so outdated like a "Dinosaur" so to speak and everybody keeps mentioning free scan......I do not know what is is(have idea) or how it works many thanks to the people who are answering my questions and helping me out....Tony

wmbio

Read the WIKI first...FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

You will need to download the free program from the Wiki link, install it on your PC then you can connect your Uniden scanner to your PC's serial port with the cable supplied in the box ...The program is pretty simple and easy to use. I'm about as smart as Fred Flintstone so your not alone, just take it slowly...Ask your questions here at RR someone will help you.

Enjoy
Wmbio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.