Ventura county Flood Control and Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what happened to them? They shared 151.025 with county Garage which I still hear. I was away from home for 2 years, returning in Feb and haven’t heard either since. If they were still on 151.025 I should have heard them during the current storm, as formally.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. As I said Flood Control/Roads/Garage all were on here. They made good listening during major rain storms. There were two repeaters: Red Mtn (PL 136.5) & South Mtn (PL 141.3). Input was 156.240.

Since I've been back home, I've heard garage once. Nothing during our recent rains. Blame it on cell phones?

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I concur, was in Ventura County on Saturday during the worst of the rains, and heard nothing on their channel, even with the PL decoder turned off. It used to be fairly active and could be heard well in the west SFV, especially during foul weather, at least up until a year or two ago?????

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Nothing here again either. I agree with Progline. Today would have been great listening in the “good, old days”.

It’s probably less expensive (cheaper) to give all employees a cell phone than maintain a communications network with radios in dozens of vehicles & dozens of handhelds. Just speculation on my part.

I live less than 2 miles from County Public Works, but since I am stuck at home I can’t go over & check vehicle antennas &/or ask questions. Anyone out there with Ventura County PW who can put in their 2 cents?

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
I heard 151.01 Sat also & have occasionally in the past. It's been years since I have heard crew channel 151.085 (MO only). I keep both in one of my scanners. The PLs are 71.9 for 151.010 & 74.4 for 151.085. Living in east Vta I'm far enough from county maintained roads that handhelds are always weak, even with roof antenna.

By the way, depending on ideal conditions (ducting) listen to 151.085 PL 136.5 for Orange county described in RR as "OC Access VHF / Advisory Broadcast / Patch Capable". During the Nov brush fire down there I heard OC fire command. I've also heard the equivelant of SigAlerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.