Vermilion County now dispatching Ford County??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
I was listening to Vermilion Co Shf 155.430 tonight and they were dispatching some "Ford County" units -- ex. Ford County 8, Ford County 17, Ford County 19, Ford County 12. So is Ford County Sheriff now being dispatched by Vermilion County on the Vermilion County repeater? Are they also still dispatched by their own county on 156.225?

bob_leach_3

Ford County on Vermilion Frequency

I have heard Ford County units dispatched on the Vermilion frequency for at least a year now, dispatched by Vermilion County. Ford County still uses their own repeaters as well, dispatching their own units. I can sometimes hear both law dispatch repeaters for Ford County from my location, and the one for Vermilion County. I do not know why they are dispatcehd by both counties. Could be location-related? There are 2 frequencies carrying the same traffic for Ford County last I listened.

Last edited:

VASCAR2

Vermillion County may be taking and dispatching the 911 calls. It cost a lot of money for a small county like Ford to start up a enhanced 911 system. Some counties have opted to pay other counties to handle this service. I live to far away to hear Ford County but this is a possibility. All PSAP (911 centers) have to have a backup site for roll over calls ect. In my county, the 911 dispatch will use other counties frequency if they receive a 911 call from that adjoining county.

Violation

I have heard this too, at my location. I can't tell if she is saying Ford county or "Four county". I'll have to listen for the location of the call (town or street) and see where it is. Don't listen to LE too much.....new in area......PW

Status
Not open for further replies.