• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Vernon County going digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as though Vernon County law enforcement will be switching to digital around the first of the year, our local EMS switched to Nexedge a while back, but I believe the law enforcement will be DMR. Cedar County EMS recently switched to DMR, and Bourbon county law is transitioning to DMR and Barton county has DMR capability.

I can confirm Cedar and Polk County EMS are now MotoTRBO DMR. Bolivar Fire, Police, and Public Works are pretty close to switching to MotoTRBO as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wbigcount

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm Cedar and Polk County EMS are now MotoTRBO DMR. Bolivar Fire, Police, and Public Works are pretty close to switching to MotoTRBO as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I didn't know that at all, thanks, I will have to up date my scanner for next time I'm down that way.

Are the Frequency's still the same?

Since we're on the topic of SW Missouri counties, Stone County might be worth keeping an eye on. Heard from a law enforcement contact down there that they may be going DMR in the not so distant future.

wbloss

Premium Subscriber
Even little Granby City in Newton Co has the DMR buzz!
I just submitted to database Slot 1 Color Code 8, TG 400 DMR instead of 118.1pl analog on 155.565.
So glad to have a TRX-2!

Wally

Status
Not open for further replies.