• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Verse of the day

KB4MSZ

Premium Subscriber
Very interesting choice. Verses 11 through 13 are actually being fulfilled right now. Back then, it had it's minor fulfillment with the return from Babylonian captivity to the land that had "rested from it's Sabbaths" that belonged to the Israelites. Their gross idolatry and mixing with the nations outside their territory had corrupted the nation to the point that Jehovah wanted the land cleared and left empty until he was satisfied that a return was warranted. Soon it will include the entire planet, and will be for all time filled with only those who want to be his people.

He sat down opposite the treasury, and watched the crowd putting money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which are worth a penny. Then he called his disciples and said to them, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the treasury. For all of them have contributed out of their abundance; but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

Mark 12:41-44

KB4MSZ

Premium Subscriber
Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
After giving the animals an ingrained fear of humans, Noah and his descendants where now authorized to include animals in their diet. Jehovah was well aware that vegetable supplies alone would not be adequate in a selfish, corrupt world which was now in operation. There was, however, one very important condition stated in verse 4 that was placed on this provision: The blood of animals was never to be consumed, it was to be drained and discarded. This requirement is still in effect o this day.

The blood of animals was never to be consumed, it was to be drained and discarded. This requirement is still in effect o this day.

That's interesting and I'm sure there's a good reason for it. I find that the Bible is a rule book for us stupid humans to keep us on track and not do stupid crap that can and will have dire consequences. However, I must confess to the alter of RR. When I was in the 4th or 5th grade we had this project going to try different foods from different countries. Well, my teacher's husband was Japanese and she brought in some Japanese food used with rice paper and you dipped it in this really salty fish blood. Well, I tried it and liked it actually. Wasn't half bad. Though, I wouldn't eat it today. Now that I think of it. My grandfather liked cooking something called blood sausage. No way.