• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Verse of the day

KB4MSZ

Max
Premium Subscriber
Very interesting choice. Verses 11 through 13 are actually being fulfilled right now. Back then, it had it's minor fulfillment with the return from Babylonian captivity to the land that had "rested from it's Sabbaths" that belonged to the Israelites. Their gross idolatry and mixing with the nations outside their territory had corrupted the nation to the point that Jehovah wanted the land cleared and left empty until he was satisfied that a return was warranted. Soon it will include the entire planet, and will be for all time filled with only those who want to be his people.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
He sat down opposite the treasury, and watched the crowd putting money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which are worth a penny. Then he called his disciples and said to them, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the treasury. For all of them have contributed out of their abundance; but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

Mark 12:41-44

KB4MSZ

Max
Premium Subscriber
Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
After giving the animals an ingrained fear of humans, Noah and his descendants where now authorized to include animals in their diet. Jehovah was well aware that vegetable supplies alone would not be adequate in a selfish, corrupt world which was now in operation. There was, however, one very important condition stated in verse 4 that was placed on this provision: The blood of animals was never to be consumed, it was to be drained and discarded. This requirement is still in effect o this day.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
The blood of animals was never to be consumed, it was to be drained and discarded. This requirement is still in effect o this day.

That's interesting and I'm sure there's a good reason for it. I find that the Bible is a rule book for us stupid humans to keep us on track and not do stupid crap that can and will have dire consequences. However, I must confess to the alter of RR. When I was in the 4th or 5th grade we had this project going to try different foods from different countries. Well, my teacher's husband was Japanese and she brought in some Japanese food used with rice paper and you dipped it in this really salty fish blood. Well, I tried it and liked it actually. Wasn't half bad. Though, I wouldn't eat it today. Now that I think of it. My grandfather liked cooking something called blood sausage. No way.

KB4MSZ

Max
Premium Subscriber
Because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise.”

Mark 9:31
This verse is Satan’s worst nightmare.

Approximately 4059 years before these words, Satan crafted a “plan” to put himself in a position of authority, to make himself a god. His very carefully crafted questions and statements that he proposed to Eve where designed to cause her to start doubting Jehovah’s plainly stated commands. First the question about the fruit that was forbidden, then Satan's explanation as to Jehovah’s motivation for denying the fruit. Satan implied that Jehovah was withholding something that was beneficial to her, it was something that would enable her to make her own choices as to what would be good or bad.

This called three very important issues into question:

1) Jehovah’s right to rule over his creation, she could simply take over decision making and proceed as she wished.

2) The rightness of Jehovah’s rulership, Jehovah exercised his authority in an unfair manner that deprived his creatures of their rightful free will.

3) The integrity of Jehovah’s creatures, Satan inferred that they would only serve him for selfish reasons, as long as there was a reward present.

The apostle Paul informs us that while Eve was “thoroughly deceived” (and came to be in transgression, believing that Jehovah was the source of a selfish command), Adam was not deceived. As a flawless human and head of his household, he knew that Eve’s action had removed her from the arrangement in the garden. He knew she was now out of bounds. A choice had to be made between staying loyal to his God, or joining her in her rebellion and therefore, albeit temporarily, keeping her companionship. Unfortunately, of his own free will, he chose the latter and took what he had no right to and ate along with her. He was not deceived, but he decided that he was going to retain her no matter what the cost. He "listened to his wife's voice".

Upon this rebellion Jehovah made plans for a way of offsetting Adam’s willful rebellion and answering for all time the questions raised above. There was only one way this could be resolved, and justification could be made for returning faithful humans to their original flawless condition in a re-establishment of the paradise conditions: A flawless human would have to maintain perfect obedience to Jehovah throughout his lifetime, and be willing to “pour out his blood” or die, even under harsh circumstances, on order to prove that a perfect human could have chosen to obey. This death is pivotal on these issues being resolved, and Jehovah’s integrity as Universal Ruler being proved. The symbolism and all-important value of this blood which was to be offered is the reason that the use of blood, for any other reason than directed sacrificial offering at Jehovah’s temple, is strictly and absolutely forbidden to this day. Satan knew that this sacrifice must not take place, his entire basis for his rebellion would be proven false and, at the appointed time, he would be shut down and eliminated.

Despite all that Satan could impose on Jesus with his corrupt system of things, Jesus never faltered from his work and his flawless obedience to his father. His blood was poured out, and now the justification for returning humans to perfection and re-establishing the paradise earth is in effect. Soon the new angelic based government will take over literal control of the earth’s affairs. Fortunately, this sacrifice has the value to be applied to humans of his choosing going all the way back to faithful Able. Jehovah paid a very painful price to settle this matter, and it will never need to be settled again. The point has been proven; a perfect man displayed unerring obedience and cleared his God of all slander.

Satan is a selfish liar and he knows what is coming.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

If I were married I'd be apt to include this in my vows. Seems novel.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14