• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Yaesu: Vertex Standard VXR-7000U and CE27 1.8W

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5WYO

Hey guys,

I have just acquired a new-in-box, never used, and still wrapped in plastic VXR-7000U for only $75! A quick Google yielded CE27 as the programming software and I already have a great USB programming cable in-hand.

I'm hesitant to do anything as when I started the install for CE27, I was warned not to program a radio in the USA and that using this version would kill my narrow-banding :( I am assuming that I have the export software (1.8/1.8E). For the life of me, I can't find the US version (1.8W) anywhere. I'm curious if one of you good folks could point me in the right direction of somewhere I could buy or download the most recent US version of CE27, please and thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
US version of CE-27 won't "kill your narrowbanding", it just forces everything to narrow. With the export version, it will allow you to change any mode to wideband. As far as where to get it, as provided links to download copyrighted software is against the forum rules, you're on your own. If you know someone who has access to a Motorola Solutions Online (MSI) account, they can download it at no cost as the VXR-7000 is now an orphaned product.

Depending on the split, you may have to do some alignment to get the VXR7K UHF to work with good performance where you want it to.

W5WYO

MTS2000des,

I must have misread the warning. I understand it to mean that it will be non-compliant with the FCC narrow-banding directive as you are able to wide-band or narrow-band as you see fit with the "Export" software. I definitely was not asking for a pirated copy of CE27. If you read, I am willing to purchase it from an authorized retailer but, as you said, its a discontinued product and it seems the support has been discontinued as well. I do not know anybody with a MSI account, unfortunately, so that is not an option.

A quick question about CE27 1.08 Export since I already have it; just to get this straight, I should be able to program wide and narrow to the radio without an issue? VS the US version that forces EVERYTHING to narrow?

Thanks!

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
A quick question about CE27 1.08 Export since I already have it; just to get this straight, I should be able to program wide and narrow to the radio without an issue? VS the US version that forces EVERYTHING to narrow?
Thanks!
Correct. The Export version doesn't force everything to narrowband, the US version does. That's the only difference. It makes no changes to the repeater firmware nor does it "do anything" weird to the file uploaded to the radio.
The service manual is on repeaterbuilder.com and has all the alignment instructions. You'll need to do a full alignment unless what you're programming is within a couple MHz of what was put in there from the factory.
These are decent repeaters for what they are. Cut my teeth on them back in the early 2Ks when they first came out and deployed several since. Sad to see MSI kill them but why would they offer a $1200 radio when they can sell you a TRBO repeater for $2800 instead?

W5WYO

Correct. The Export version doesn't force everything to narrowband, the US version does. That's the only difference. It makes no changes to the repeater firmware nor does it "do anything" weird to the file uploaded to the radio.
The service manual is on repeaterbuilder.com and has all the alignment instructions. You'll need to do a full alignment unless what you're programming is within a couple MHz of what was put in there from the factory.
These are decent repeaters for what they are. Cut my teeth on them back in the early 2Ks when they first came out and deployed several since. Sad to see MSI kill them but why would they offer a $1200 radio when they can sell you a TRBO repeater for $2800 instead?

Awesome! I have seen some stuff on other sites about how the Export version "killed my repeater." I didn't completely understand what had happened as it didn't make sense but I also did not want to risk it with my new one. I have the service manual as well as the operating manual in hand.

From the factory or retailer, its programmed for 452.1250 TX and 457.1250 RX with a 516 DPL. My aim was to use this on GMRS so I will definitely need an alignment to go that route. I can get into the Factory mode for programming/alignment with CE27 but I lack the proper equipment and experience to do the actual alignment or tuning of the built in duplexer. I will most likely speak to someone at my local ARC to see if anybody is set up to do the job.

I read somewhere that the VXR-7000 had a built in repeater controller. I do not think this is accurate unless you need a separate program to access the programming of it. I have been through CE27 in every direction (without hooking up to the radio as my existing interface cable's pins are different; parts are on the way for a new one) and haven't been able to find anything for a possible repeater controller. As I am new to the world of repeaters, I'll gladly take suggestions and advice as far as what repeater controllers would be best for my unit.

Looking forward to everyone's response! Thanks

W5WYO

Tried to edit previous post but no dice... I need to go back through the FCC regs on GMRS, but, I vaguely remember now something that says that GMRS repeaters need not broadcast a call-sign. If that is the case, I believe I wont need a repeater controller at all. If I am wrong, please correct me!

Also, for anybody wondering, yes, I do have a current GMRS license. I will be taking my technician and general exams on the last Saturday of March. Wish me luck! :D

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
From the factory or retailer, its programmed for 452.1250 TX and 457.1250 RX with a 516 DPL. My aim was to use this on GMRS so I will definitely need an alignment to go that route. I can get into the Factory mode for programming/alignment with CE27 but I lack the proper equipment and experience to do the actual alignment or tuning of the built in duplexer. I will most likely speak to someone at my local ARC to see if anybody is set up to do the job.

I read somewhere that the VXR-7000 had a built in repeater controller. I do not think this is accurate unless you need a separate program to access the programming of it. I have been through CE27 in every direction (without hooking up to the radio as my existing interface cable's pins are different; parts are on the way for a new one) and haven't been able to find anything for a possible repeater controller. As I am new to the world of repeaters, I'll gladly take suggestions and advice as far as what repeater controllers would be best for my unit.
The alignment procedure requires a signal generator and VTVM at minimum, ideally a proper communications service monitor will do the best. It's pretty easy with the right tools. The transmitter is pretty broadband, it's the receiver that requires tuning especially if run in duplex (repeater) mode.

As far as the "repeater controller", yes, it's got a built-in tone panel (the CE-27 allows you to enable multiple PL/DPL tone sets for community repeater style operation), basic repeater control functions COS/COR, PL/DPL tone panel, TOT, courtesy tone and CW ID. Doesn't require any special software. All of these functions are programmed via CE-27. Tone panel is selected per mode by selecting "multi-tone" and defining what tone combinations you want to allow access to your repeater.

Now if you want to use it with an EXTERNAL controller such as a Linkcomm or NHRC or Pacific Research, that is done via the DB-25 and a cable you build yourself and interface to your desired controller.

The service manual has the pinouts for what does what on the DB-25 accessory connector.

W5WYO

Hey MTS,

I was wondering if there was any information that you could give me about how to set up the ANI display functionality on this repeater, since you know so much about them. I have entered alpha-tags for incoming ANI (0000, 0001, 0002, etc), enabled CW-ID on each programmed channel (if that matters), ANI Paramters are set to "TX On/Off, 50ms delay, Header Code A, ANI Code 0000" (for the repeater to TX its ANI code), I have not changed any settings for ENI, DTMF is set to Off.

Also, I have programmed a mobile to TX an ANI code of 0001 and that is how I am testing. If it matters, I am testing with the unit in base mode as I am not connected to an antenna and don't want to cook my new radio lol. I believe everything is set up correctly but would like your input since the ANI display on the repeater remains blank when receiving a transmission from the aforementioned HT.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.