• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex to be rebranded under Motorola Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkredick

Jan 1, 2018 Motorola
Solutions and Vertex Standard will join forces under the Motorola Solutions brand.
Vertex Standard models rebranded as Motorola Solutions: VX-260 Series, VX-450 Series, VX-2100 and VX-
2200 mobiles, EVX-261 and EVX-S24

Surprised it did not happen sooner than this..

WISCOMM

Vertex Standard Product Cancellations
• Portable Radios: EVX-531/534/539, VX-820, VX-P820, VX-920 and VX-P920
• Mobiles: VX-4500/4600, EVX-5300/5400, VX-5500 UHF/VHF
• Repeaters: VXR-7000, VXR-9000, EVX-R70
• EVX - Link

W2SJW

Database Admin
I don't think so. I believe Yaesu-Musen was spun off on their own to continue development of marine/amateur/aircraft units themselves.

WQAJ741

So is it going to be a hassle to get software? I haven't gotten Moto software but I hear it's pricey...I do however have Vertex software for my EVX-S24 radios but if big M takes it over, can we expect high prices and licenses?

WISCOMM

Vertex has not made an announcement on the software process, I do believe they will maintain the liberal policy when it comes to software. I also believe Motorola is transitioning to a more open availability of software for most models other then APX.

As for pricing, we are scheduled to get details in November and December going live on January 1.

To answer your question, nobody has answers yet.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Being that V-S was competing with Motorola with their DMR market, I can see why this was the next courser of action. Looks like the remaining V-S products to be rebranded are low end conventional analog radios. Something MSI doesn't really have anything in the entry level market, this makes sense.

Guess we'll see quite a bit of decommissioned V-S subscribers and repeaters in the near future hit the surplus market. Knowing MSI, they will do with V-S parts what they do with their MSI branded parts: discontinued products get inflated prices to force the end user to just replace.

That's inline with everything else lately.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Now that the absorption has been completed (current line software is now available and branded Motorola on MOL), is the Vertex Standard forum going to be merged with the Motorola forum?

KC3ECJ

Now that the absorption has been completed (current line software is now available and branded Motorola on MOL), is the Vertex Standard forum going to be merged with the Motorola forum?

Why would it?

RadioShack and GRE forums didn't become Whistler.

Gunnar_Guy

The current chatter is Talker Alias in ham circles and various compatibility of radios. It was brought into the ETSI standard I believe in 2017 and out of curiosity I went to check for updated software and firmware for my small collection of VXD-720 and VXD-7200 radios. Found that Vertex-Standard had morphed into Motorola Solutions. A lot behind the curve I know.

At one time I had a Motorola account for some professional work using telemetry radios but that's long since expired. Wondering if there's any reason to call them to reactivate it, e.g. is there even a newer Clone Editor than 5.5 build 34 or firmware beyond version R01.12.17 out there for VXD radios? Not to mention if they are still even supporting these radios and have even nearly as liberal stance to hams anymore.

cmdrwill

All the new radios are labeled Motorola and the Vertex software works on these newer radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.