Vertex VX-824 program/reset

I have a Vertex VX-824. It's been in storage for a few years but when I powered it up the programming was still intact...except that I have to press the MON button (defeat the ctcss) to hear any frequency using a pl tone. I reprogrammed the radio but no change. Also, is there a way to reset the radio?

I have a Vertex VX-824. It's been in storage for a few years but when I powered it up the programming was still intact...except that I have to press the MON button (defeat the ctcss) to hear any frequency using a pl tone. I reprogrammed the radio but no change. Also, is there a way to reset the radio?
You will need to check the way the PL is set-up, possibly PL tones have changed, or, depending how long the radio sat unused, you may need to check deviation settings.

As to resetting the radio, you would need to write a blank code-plug to the radio to 're-set' it.

You will need to check the way the PL is set-up, possibly PL tones have changed, or, depending how long the radio sat unused, you may need to check deviation settings.

As to resetting the radio, you would need to write a blank code-plug to the radio to 're-set' it.
I bought the radio in 2007 and I retired it when I did in 2010. I checked the paperwork that came from the tech you programmed it and the updated list. Yep...the pl changed. Thanks for the reply.