• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex VX924 VHF programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleknott1

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, I need help!!! I purchased a new VX 924, software and cable. I also ordered a surveillance mic with the acoustic ear piece.
I need help figuring out why my radio works fine with out the ear piece but will only transmit the frequency with it attached. It seems to drop the PL/DPL codes when the PTT is pressed. Also if anyone has the help files that came with the software they could send me i would love to read over it.. My software did not have the help file?????

Any suggestions on the PTT issue's????

cabletech

The program has a help file included. Look at the top of the screen, click on help. then select help topics.

As for not transmitting PL/DPL with the acc ear piece/mic, there is no way that it disables the tone ablity.

Check your programining

kyleknott1

Premium Subscriber
All of my PL/DPL codes are correct, The radio works fine without the Mic. Im at a loss, For some reason the software help icon is there but "help" will not open.
I guess I should have stayed with motorola.

m-gerty

All of my PL/DPL codes are correct, The radio works fine without the Mic. Im at a loss, For some reason the software help icon is there but "help" will not open.

Motorola owns Vertex, that's when the problems started....

Where did you get the software?
if you bought it, and help file won't open you need to go back to source for remedy..

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar

I have a VX-924 VHF, and it runs circles around anything except maybe my XTS radios.

Is your microphone OEM Vertex or some aftermarket unit? Some of the aftermarket units vary in quality and aren't always 100 percent compatible. Verify proper operation with an OEM Vertex accessory and see if the problem persists.

As far as your VX Cloning software, if you're using the latest version, 4.02, the help files should open just fine, assuming you're running Windows 7. Some older versions are designed for XP, and the old Windows Help system isn't included in Win 7 by default, but you can download the patch from Microsoft for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.