• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Very Very Cold Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
In our area the Temps are Hovering around -1 to -5 with wind chills at around -10 to -16 alot of schools in our area have closed and with Little one's usually having to stand outside for a Bus It was a Good idea that the schools closed so they wouldn't have to stand in the Bitter Cold,

But for the ones that have to still go today I feel for them these schools can allow for missed day that can be added when it's more warmer. If your out there in it.. Dress Warm and Take Care.. Bear

And the Firefighters..

For sure & I feel for the Firefighters who have to fight fires in this Weather I've seen a couple of them Via the news or other media Drenched in ICE because of this Cold stuff and the water to fight the Fire.. my Cousin was a County Fireman a Captain he served over 20 years.. and he had some stories that he share with me of Nasty weather times..

My other cousin is a Policeman I've been on patrol with him a time or two around this type of weather one time though in the spring it was pouring rain and he had to work an accident he was soaked to his skin for the time he had to be out in the Rain..

Had a high of 7 degrees and a low of -11. Nearly springtime in view of what others are facing. Don't forget the additional risks that firefighters must face in this kind of weather.

dont know how my neighbor achieved this but he had his yard sprinklers running the night before, and it bled through the grass onto our driveway which is a downhill slope.... we couldnt leave the house till 2-3 in the after noon without having the fear of sliding down the driveway uncontrolled into the street.

but get this, in Conyers,GA that night it was 8F ?!?!?!?!!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.