VHF Low Logs - 2008/04/27

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
2008/04/27
QTH: South Texas

Ten meter ham band was open to Central / South America.

32.400/151.4 - Spanish, Taxi
33.320/156.7 - Spanish
33.720/141.3 - Spanish, Taxi

rcvmo

I'm on vacation in N. Florida and heard the same. Then again I'm much more than just mexican taxis.
Loving the beach.
rcvmo

Tommahawk

I concur with kkn50 about hearing spanish stations on the low-band public safety frequencies on 33mhz. I heard the same thing this past week. Now that band conditions are improving I'm hoping to hear some west coast 39 & 42mhz starting in the very near future.

I do have a question that maybe someone can answer while on the subject of SKIP..... I was listening to 10 meters this past weekend and heard a repeater from the NYC area on 29.620 mhz. Is anyone else able to hear it? The repeater encodes/decodes on 146.2 CTCSS....... It is unusual to hear a repeater from that area on 10 meters and I was wondering if this was a abnormal condition, or something that is more frequent than what I think.... Just wondering.....

EDIT......

Gosh I am such a dummy... After checking the Repeater Coordination for the NY area I was correct about hearing a repeater... I just found out which repeater it was!!

Output Input Callsign City County ST PL Comments
29.62 29.52 KQ2H Manhattan New York NY 146.2 MetroCor Coordinated
29.66 29.56 WB2HWW Brooklyn New York NY 114.8 MetroCor Coordinated
29.68 29.58 N2HBA Manhattan New York NY 136.5 MetroCor Coordinated

BTW I heard this on a Yaesu FT-8900 Quad Band Radio with a Comet UHV-4 Quad band antenna installed on a Diamond K-400 Trunk Mount Bracket mounted on a 2004 Jeep Liberty

Last edited:

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
About 3 years ago or so I heard stuff anywhere from 26MHZ to 39 MHZ mostly In the winter time September to April. It was very interesting and made My scanner very busy. 10 Meter ham Police and alot of spanish frequencies. Some of the 10 meter stuff had 2 or 3 repeaters talking over each other at the same time. Some were from Boston others from New York. One of the police frequencies I think was from Virginia. Most of these were @ hours ahead of me when they said the time. Im in Utah and so it was nice to hear the different things going on from so far away. It has not come this far west in the last couple of years but I hope it returns very soon. Any idea when this might happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.