• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

VHF Packet Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this topic has been covered in the past, but I have been searching everywhere on the web to find an answer to no avail.

I am looking for a simple, user friendly program for monitoring amateur 2 meter packet transmissions. Something that just allows me to run a cable from my scanner's headphone jack to my PC's mic input. I may be a ham, but I'm no brainiac when it comes to packet so all of the complicated decoding programs go right over my head. I have tried semasoft, but the trial license won't work and I'm not dropping $30 if I don't know if it will interface with my radio properly.

Ah! Very awesome! Thanks so much you're a lifesaver. I've been searching forever for something like this. I'm already receiving APRS from the local digipeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.