VHF trunking, Spokane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
So, I had a one-day contract to receive and deliver a secure item from Tacoma to Missoula, MT today, driving there and flying back. Enroute, I noticed a strong control channel in Spokane on 172.6375. However, the PSR-500 couldn't seem to find a sysid to display. The only thing I got was the NAC- 71F.

Is this some bastard child of IWIN, or something at Fairchild? I didn't hear anything in the 406-420 or 380-400 ranges.

Tidalwave

That would be IWIN. There are 3 towers that are in testing right now. One at 168mhz, one at 171 and one at 172. You can pick up the Idaho Statewide at 764.55625 as well. There is also talk (and it keeps getting put up for a vote) to implement a 700mhz system here in spokane. Spokane will then be the "Center hub" for the east of of the cascades, norht idaho and west mont. It would make sense since Fairchild is already P25 VHF and the IWIN stuff is getting tested, to just implement the 700 to mix in with idaho and mont. The IWIN sites here have NAC's of 71F, 713, and 711. You wont get any other info with the psr500 right now though. The Idaho one will show the info though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.