VIA Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

I may be blind, but buried somewhere are there the frequencys for VIA Rail. I know that on the train itself the staff have radios to communicate with each other. So there is a radio system there at least, do they use the radios to communicate with the stations too? Would be nice to listen in on them while i am waiting at the station to know how late they are.

Thanks in advance

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
VIA train crews use 160.2000 for on-board comms between themselves and the locomotive crew. This is Canada wide.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
As for the stations - 160.2000 as well. Although they don't use it much, it is what gives the station a heads up when the train is about to arrive (the engineer will announce when they are 10 minutes out from a station)

MetalCarnage

exkalibur said:
As for the stations - 160.2000 as well. Although they don't use it much, it is what gives the station a heads up when the train is about to arrive (the engineer will announce when they are 10 minutes out from a station)

Perfect.....ya, like i said, i wanted to be able to program it in so i could hear when the train is coming in so i dont have to get up off my ass for no reason, LOL

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Heard often enough here on the CN line in Burlington.
As Mike said they announce when they are close to Aldershot.

E

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I have heard them while on my way home via the GO Train. They often speed by us going to Oshawa and they do use 160.200 to announce their arrival into Oshawa. Usually when they hit Durham Jct.

KE7JFF

Also if your near Toronto Union, try 461.2125 as thats the stationmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.