Victoria Police North Central goes digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

David6491

Today the Victorian Police that use VHF 164MHz and others for the rural district of North Central Victoria which is from Kinglake to Wodonga is going digital. Today all I can reciever is the controller advising the units of which new digital channel to switch to.
The days of eves dropping into the inner workings of VP are over. A real shame a lot of good information and some very interesting goings on are now silent.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
Today the Victorian Police that use VHF 164MHz and others for the rural district of North Central Victoria which is from Kinglake to Wodonga is going digital. Today all I can reciever is the controller advising the units of which new digital channel to switch to.
The days of eves dropping into the inner workings of VP are over. A real shame a lot of good information and some very interesting goings on are now silent.

Are they just changing to one of the digital formats (P25, DMR/Mototrbo, NXDN, etc) or are they *also* going to be encrypted? If they are not encrypted then they can probably still be monitored with the appropriate scanner.

Willovk3hpd

I am a feed provider for Bendigo and the surrounding areas. Today, my local channal O1 changed over to encripted comms. Now I'm not sure where to go from here, as I don't know what the SES are doing. I can't streem CFA, as there are already a number of these feeds. I've really enjoied being a feed provider since 2014 and I don't want to stop now just because our local police have become encripted. What to do now??? I am an amata radio operator as well. I could streem our local repeater, but I'm not sure yet. I could streem the local taxi frequensy, but I'm not sure if this is allowed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

arch9898

Premium Subscriber
What about rural ambulance - only the south channel is currently streamed.

Willovk3hpd

Well, I'm not sure. I've been listening to it and I've heard touns in the north of Victoria as well and the description says that it covers the state. It comes up in the Gipsland area, but it covers more than that. I don't want to double up.

arch9898

Premium Subscriber
The issue with that feed is it monitors the VHF frequency on the SMR network so it can pickup the emergency dispatch traffic and the non emergency transfer traffic so during business hours you get more non emergency then emergency radio traffic.

If you hosted the UHF frequency that Ambulance Victoria use you can lock in the emergency only traffic as they use UHF on portables in major rural towns, Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat etc. At present the northern part of the state is on one channel, the south west recently was split from the south east, where I believe that feed is sourced from as I no longer hear Geelong units on it.

Willovk3hpd

Thanks for the info. I listened to 412.475 for Bendigo, but I didn't hear anything.I don't know how old this page is, but I haven't heard anything on it, even with no tone set.

slylingus

Ambulance Dispatch

Well, I'm listening to that feed now and I just heard Geelong and Bendigo come up. I don't know what the UHF frequency for Bendigo is.

Try 413.2250
and search between 403.000 up to 460.00 for ambulance Victoria
Cheers Rod

Willovk3hpd

Thanks Rod. I'm listening there now. It sounds like some sort of link or repeater, but it sounds good. Thanks for the info. Do you know any more about this one?

slylingus

413.2250 is your best bet ctcss Tone 123.0
Supervisor link 413.3000
Keep away from the SMR that network is closing down soon word has it
Cheers

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 163

slylingus

But do you really want to stream Ambo Comms?
Just MyOp but its a no go zone for me.

David6491

The Police VKC was advising units that it is also now encrypted. I have changed over to listning to the CFA still managed out of ETSA that was on 162.775 I would like to monitor my local brigades and the trucks if possible but I belive that they may be digital although not encrypted. If anyone has a verified and upto date list with some descriptive locations it would be good. https://vicradiozone.com/ the descriptions are hard to work out

David6491

Are the CFA District 12 channels all digital including the fireground. Also District 13.
What if any channels are still Analog?

arch9898

Premium Subscriber
What would be the difference between streaming ambulance as opposed to police? They both transmit sensitive information - the ambulance at least do not have on air (for the emergency channel) addresses or patient personal details as that information is paged or sent via MDT.

Cheers

Willovk3hpd

Well, I'm thinking of streeming VK3RCV, wich is the local VHF amateur radio repeater. I was going to streem ambulance comms, but when I found the other feed, I wasn't sure how it would work. Do you think people would want to listen to VK3RCV? I remember finding some amateur stuff a wile ago, but there were very few listeners.

followspot2

I am a feed provider for Bendigo and the surrounding areas. Today, my local channal O1 changed over to encripted comms. Now I'm not sure where to go from here, as I don't know what the SES are doing. I can't streem CFA, as there are already a number of these feeds. I've really enjoied being a feed provider since 2014 and I don't want to stop now just because our local police have become encripted. What to do now??? I am an amata radio operator as well. I could streem our local repeater, but I'm not sure yet. I could streem the local taxi frequensy, but I'm not sure if this is allowed.

I know this would not be very exciting but, I know a lot of people who would like to listen in on CFA fire ground channels (eg around the Bendigo area they are 251,252,253,283), I know, I would like to listen in on them.

Just an option now there is no more police (i did enjoy listening to it on and off)

Willovk3hpd

Well, I hadn't thought of that. However, it wouldn't be good if the fire ground channals went encrypted down the track like the police. At least I know that other than the amateur repeater VK3RCV going down for maintenance, we wouldn't lose it. It gets a fare bit of local traffic on it. Some days it's quiet, but other days it can get quight busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.