• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Video: How Raytheon Helped Create the Ultimate High-Tech Cop Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new...

We have had the same thing here in Louisiana for some time now. The only thing we don't have is the mobile fingerprint system, but customs has it and they are always around...

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I would vote for Raytheon trying to make headlines and free advertising. Doesn't matter how well or poor it looks and works.
You got it.
Slow tech news day + LE agency that's 15 years behind everyone else = marketing Press Release that gets more attention than it deserves.
I'm glad LASD FINALLY got rid of the old terminals.

And Raytheon is nothing more than a glorified Project Manager on this - oops, I mean "integrator".
I love the paranoia in the comments section too - apparently the readers are unaware that these types of tech have been available to LE for well over a decade now.

2wayfreq

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I keep seeing more and more Raytheon products in the LASD cars, sounds like they have the LA-RICS project in the bag! Just not sure about the trunking radio side.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Clacking rocks together: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

No - that's vaporware. After 5+ years, are any of those deployed anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.