Viewing Sites with TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering, is there a way to see which site a department is assigned to in the database? The particular system I'm asking this for is the Fort Worth Regional Radio System here in Fort Worth, TX (Tarrant County). We have multiple cities such as Crowley that I'm not sure if the site that is assigned is Layer 1, Layer 2 etc. Not all departments are simulcast throughout the system. Some are just on their own site like Arlington, Irving and Grand Prairie. Others like Fort Worth share sites with several other cities on Layers 1 & 2..but I'm not 100% sure what sites are for what cities.

Also, a side question, I have emailed the lead database admin a couple times with interest in becoming a database admin but have never received any kind of reply. Is there any other way to contact him or is his contact even up to date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
I was wondering, is there a way to see which site a department is assigned to in the database? The particular system I'm asking this for is the Fort Worth Regional Radio System here in Fort Worth, TX (Tarrant County). We have multiple cities such as Crowley that I'm not sure if the site that is assigned is Layer 1, Layer 2 etc. Not all departments are simulcast throughout the system. Some are just on their own site like Arlington, Irving and Grand Prairie. Others like Fort Worth share sites with several other cities on Layers 1 & 2..but I'm not 100% sure what sites are for what cities.
The only ones that will really know which talkgroups can or cannot be active on any given site of a system are the folks who manage and maintain the system - and they aren't likely to provide that information. Also keep in mind that the RRDB "departments" are not necessarily "official" groups of talkgroups but rather something created by the submitter and RR database admins.
Also, a side question, I have emailed the lead database admin a couple times with interest in becoming a database admin but have never received any kind of reply. Is there any other way to contact him or is his contact even up to date?

I too have expressed an interest in the past with helping to maintain database data. I've recently moved to North Carolina from Maryland -- the admin in Maryland was pretty quick with putting up submissions. I'm seeing in other areas (like NC), it sometimes takes weeks for submissions to be posted. I'm happy to help close this time gap....

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Thats a good question.
If i had to guess i would start out with Layer 1 as the police in Tarrant county are using L1 as primary, the second site i might try is Johnson Country site. While Crowley is in Tarranty County its so far south it may be closer to Johnson County site. If that fails then Try L2 as some of the Tarrant County Constables are on L2. Its going to be some trail and error but thats the fun of it.
If it was me i would program the crowley TG and maybe Burleson TG into a "system" consisting of L1 site info, Create another System with L2, With the same talk groups, then create a third system with the Johnson County Site info and again same talk groups. Then scan it all and see what system passes the audio.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Thats a good question.
If i had to guess i would start out with Layer 1 as the police in Tarrant county are using L1 as primary, the second site i might try is Johnson Country site. While Crowley is in Tarranty County its so far south it may be closer to Johnson County site. If that fails then Try L2 as some of the Tarrant County Constables are on L2. Its going to be some trail and error but thats the fun of it.
If it was me i would program the crowley TG and maybe Burleson TG into a "system" consisting of L1 site info, Create another System with L2, With the same talk groups, then create a third system with the Johnson County Site info and again same talk groups. Then scan it all and see what system passes the audio.

Unfortunately I don't pick up Johnson sites at my house in Hurst.

Status
Not open for further replies.