• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Vigo County Central Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

I cufused on when Central is going to be cutover to P25 System , also seen the new Digital Talkgroups and Encrypted Talkgroups on Vigo County which is on the new P25 System . So is the new Tower that was put up years ago running those new Talkgroups and Frequencies on the new P25 System and the old Tower is it also running differently on the P25 System . Maybe someone explain it

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
Vigo is in Phase 3 of the SAFE-T P25 upgrade. This phase is supposed to cut over this next week.
Currently they are on the old Motorola SAFE-T. Phases 1 and 2 are now fully live on the P25 with one exception as they have one site that is in Phase 3 and are waiting for it to cut over before they go live.

http://www.in.gov/ipsc/images/P25_Phases_Status_Sept2016.pdf

SCPD

Digital Scanner

I'm asking about that is because I got a new Whistler Digital Scanner coming through the mail tomorrow . Need know if should program the old Motorola System or the new Motorola P25 System ?

SCPD

What should I do

Do I program the new P25 frequencies on to my new radio or the old Motorola SAFE-T System frequencies

SCPD

Motorola until Thursday night then you need the p25

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk
Okay sure do that , also I will switch my radio equipment on to the new P25 System on Thursday night . Do I program the new P25 System frequencies which is running off the new Tower at the Vigo County Central Dispatch Center .

Guessing that the frequencies I need program the new P25 System which is below that I have for information

1 (1) 083 (53)Vigo County , IN 857.7625c 856.7375 855.9875 853.0875 852.800 852.075 851.575 851.1125

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.