• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vintage CB QSL CARDS and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,
I invite anyone interested in the good old days of CB to check out my Flickr account named: CB retro vault.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146107474@N07/albums/page1

Browse thru all the albums in wich you will find images of vintage CB QSL cards all classified by US states,Canadian provinces,artists designed QSL cards,special interests, also CB club logos and a collection CB vests often worn at events and coffee breaks etc.

I put in lots of efforts to scan,photograph and upload all this material for all to see and in order to preserve the memories of these long gone times.
The old timers will certainly recognise lots of stuff.

Tell me what you think ?
Any requests ? you can adress them here on this post.

I still have tons of old CB QSL cards (around 30 000).

TheSpaceMann

Hello,
I invite anyone interested in the good old days of CB to check out my Flickr account named: CB retro vault.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146107474@N07/albums/page1

Browse thru all the albums in wich you will find images of vintage CB QSL cards all classified by US states,Canadian provinces,artists designed QSL cards,special interests, also CB club logos and a collection CB vests often worn at events and coffee breaks etc.

I put in lots of efforts to scan,photograph and upload all this material for all to see and in order to preserve the memories of these long gone times.
The old timers will certainly recognise lots of stuff.

Tell me what you think ?
Any requests ? you can adress them here on this post.

I still have tons of old CB QSL cards (around 30 000).

Nice!! :)

hypersight

599 - What an awesome collection you have. My wife and I spent a good part of the evening browsing though your album. Feel free to upload more! We will definitely look through them some more.

Here is a request. Not sure if you have any, but it won't hurt me asking - do you have any cards from London, Ontario, Canada? That's where I grew up. :)

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the great post, it's nice to see all those colorful QSL cards. As a CB'er from the 70's this is a great walk down memory lane. Sometimes CB memorabilia comes up for auction on EBay and looking at that stuff brings back great memories. 10-4 Good Buddies!

Hello fellas, thanks for the kind words !

hypersight: i have taken note of your request and as soon as i find a way to resolve the technical problem i have with my computer (windows 10 wich i absolutely HATE eliminated the interface with my scanning device and replaced it with another "app" wich doesn't offer the required functions to properly scan images) i will put up new QSL's from the London,Ont. area in a new folder and post the link here in this topic. I have about one thousand cards from Ontario province !

Spongella: yes indeed Ebay is a great resource to gather CB memorabilia. I have been lucky some years ago to purchase QSL's in relative large lots but lately they seem to rarely appear and the prices have got INSANE...
so my collection has topped off but i have got some large lots from local individuals who were kind enough to give them to me for free and they would be going to the trash otherwise anyway.
Most of the cards are sorted by areas: State / province, special topics,etc.

I really like the "artist" category and need to post more from "Runnin' Bare" as i have many thousands from this artist alone.

To me it's important to share these old qsl's,the memories will still remain thru the net not knowin what will happen to the "physical copies" when us collectors pass...

This one was actually the first RB card i got in my collection way back in the seventies, I remember being a bit confused thinking he was the actual artist...? "running bear" / "runnin' bare" ??

Such beautiful and colourful cards were really sought-after in them days.

Attachments

• running bear.jpg
    running bear.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 332

hypersight

Thank you very much 599! Your hard work is much appreciated. Good luck on fixing the scanner problem. Hope things get resolved. Must be frustrating. :(

599 - What an awesome collection you have. My wife and I spent a good part of the evening browsing though your album. Feel free to upload more! We will definitely look through them some more.

Here is a request. Not sure if you have any, but it won't hurt me asking - do you have any cards from London, Ontario, Canada? That's where I grew up. :)

Good morning,
Out of the +- 1000 cards i have from Ontario,i found only 31 from London,here they are. Enjoy:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146107474@N07/albums/72157694329671135

Retroradio

There was the very active Trans Canada Radio club out of Ontario in the 80s ( Im atill trying to find the newsletters for. collection....) I was active there late 70s to early 90s and lots of cards were floating around. Just wondering if you have any of these As detailed below.

There was an active group out of The Toronto area called, TIS - Totally Insignifigant staions, GCL- Global Communication Leauge and SWP - Stations without prejudice.

I was active in the 70s in Quebec around the eastern townships and the Granby, knowlton, Brome area was active as well as the Sherbrooke, Lennoxville area had quite a few operators.

Nice collection BTW and thanks for sharing. :)

There was the very active Trans Canada Radio club out of Ontario in the 80s ( Im atill trying to find the newsletters for. collection....) I was active there late 70s to early 90s and lots of cards were floating around. Just wondering if you have any of these As detailed below.

There was an active group out of The Toronto area called, TIS - Totally Insignifigant staions, GCL- Global Communication Leauge and SWP - Stations without prejudice.

I was active in the 70s in Quebec around the eastern townships and the Granby, knowlton, Brome area was active as well as the Sherbrooke, Lennoxville area had quite a few operators.

Hello Retroradio,
There are many many cards stamped with club logos as this was the norm back then.
This is where i pick up all these logos,but the job is far from over !!! so many appear when i go thru the cards (particularly from Ontario and Canada in general).

Canadian club logos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146107474@N07/albums/72157676929063000

I have not seen anything yet as far as TIC - GCL - SWP clubs but yet again i haven't searched on the reverse side of every card !
That is the problem... i have so much material and it takes so much time to find,scan,categorize and upload all this.. it could take years ! i am advancing slowly but steadily.

Yes the Trans Canada Radio club was one the most popular, but did you know that one of the oldest Canadian CB clubs (started in '77 i believe) is still in operation ? Yes ! that is the Trans Continental DX Operators club ran by Jim in Alberta:
index
That's dedication !!

And about the Quebec eastern townships: this area has always been difficult to reach for me being at the foot of a mountain blocking the way towards that direction. I do recall having a few qsl's from that area being some of the first ones in my collection in the '70's,there where many anglophone communities out there,a lot less today.. I'll see if i can find and scan a few of those.

hypersight

Thanks 599 for the London Ontario cards!! Wow, I remember a few of those handles back then. Much much appreciated! Thanks again for all your hard work and effort in sorting though, scanning and uploading these.

Retroradio

Dave524, not to hijack the thread but I still have my TCR stamp, patch and QSL card....lol
I am trying ro track down the newsletters. For my collection. It Was great to see your post and see that someone else remembered TCR. I was TCR2680.

As you were on in those days out of curiosity doo you remeber the group that hung adound on Lower 28 SSB. John RTS515, Andy the Captain and a couple of the other regulars etc.I am trying to find out if they are still on or moved on to the ham bands.... Im in Northern Ontario so all I hear on the CB is dead air..

dave524

Sorry can't help, I would check in but was not actually a TCR member. Still at the same QTH now as then in Grimsby. I hung out on 36 USB with guys from TO and Hamilton/Niagara and did a lot of DXing as 9AT113, well over a hundred countries confirmed , still got all the QSL's.

Hello Retroradio, I've posted a few from the eastern townships area. View the main gallery and choose a city, you might find some of the ones you have spoken to back in the day:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146107474@N07/albums

You'll find some from: Granby,Knowlton,Sherbrooke,Brome,Mnsonville,Waterloo,Farnham... and still adding !

Status
Not open for further replies.