VIPER P25 System Discussion 2016-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeBoo

NCSHP

Troop G has merged with Troop F. Troops D and A have merged with C. It appears the Districts listed in RR have also changed. Can anyone shed some clarity on this and when will the RR database be updated?

trumpetman

Database Admin
Troop G has merged with Troop F. Troops D and A have merged with C. It appears the Districts listed in RR have also changed. Can anyone shed some clarity on this and when will the RR database be updated?
Only the communication centers have merged, the districts and troops remain the same. Some districts have recently been patched together which explains why you're probably hearing more counties on different talkgroups.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

trumpetman

Database Admin
I am monitoring Troop F. I only hear Dist. 1 and 2. What happened to 3 4 and 5 ?
Districts 1, 3, & 5 are patched to each other and districts 2, & 4 are patched. Scanners do not track patching on P25 systems properly so if you want to hear any district in particular make sure you have the other districts in the patch group added to your scan list. So if you're wanting to hear F4 make sure you have F2 in your scan list.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing SHP Troop E District 4 on Events Delta 4 the past few days. Seems to be the dispatch side only. Any ideas on why this may be ?

LakeBoo

Ok makes sense. Thanks for the Info.

Now a new question. Are the VIPER towers kinda like a hub and spoke system ?
If so is there a tower specification document. I am not talking about the Tower site map.

Status
Not open for further replies.