Virginia state Forest Service and Fish and Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Helping a scanner listener with Va State Forest Service and the Fish and Game people. Are these two groups under the STARS System? I have the Department of Conservation and the Dept of Forestry. Are these the same. Seems every state calls agencies with the same task, under a different name.

fredva

Feed Provider
I can't answer the question about forestry and conservation. The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries uses STARS; however, I know that field units are encrypted in many areas. The dispatchers may be encrypted now also but I'm not sure.

KM4OKT

Premium Subscriber
DCR are the state parks and recreation. Forestry are the forest firefighters. VDGIF are game wardens. All have dispatches on STARS. Down here Forestry talks to Abingdon, DCR Law Enforcement talk to VSP Wytheville dispatch and VDGIF Game Wardens talk to Richmond.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
A lot of the DGIF transmissions are encrypted, you might come across some in the clear, but they're becoming seldom.

teufler

The party is down near the Tennessee state line, near Fort Blackmore. He has three towers, Hunters Gap, Brumley Mt, and High Knob that are in his area. Oh the dreaded encryption raises it head again. Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.