Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I am visiting with my family in the south Bogalusa . The reception of the LWIN St tam sim and Blond tower sitess is good. I am getting several hits from the system.

Once I get them edit the files I will be glad to share them.

pinkfish457

I am visiting with my family in the south Bogalusa . The reception of the LWIN St tam sim and Blond tower sitess is good. I am getting several hits from the system.

Once I get them edit the files I will be glad to share them.

I would be interested in having them. I'm south of you in Slidell, and haven't had much luck receiving the St Tammany frequencies due to simulcast.

Technoguy58

Blond Site

The Blond site has been swallowed up by St Tammany simulcast. There is no stand alone LWIN Blond site anymore. South of Bogalusa you should get the Sheridan site very strong as well as the simulcast sites.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
ok guy. When went through the area from the state line to the Bogalusa area. I did not receive any signal from any LWIN Tower. But from the Bogalusa to Desintation I recieved the Sheridian Tower. At the destination, I recieved the Sheridian and the St Tam Sim towers.

We went the Abita Springs ands the West Mandeville areas. I know I recieved traffic on The LWIN systems. But do not remember what Towers it was. I can them when I start to review the data tommorrow night

Will post some of the files in WIKI hpe section.

I am in Batesville,ms area for the night. I have trouble recieving any Sginals from the MSWIN Tower around here. I am at the Hamplition Inn off I-55 on the Bottom floor,. Last Thursday we were on the 2nd floor. I think the heightt at which I have it at, Is the problem. Will try again in the morning from the Mobile ant on the way home. Ok that;s all for now..

Taje care all.

Technoguy58

Question??

I'm curious. How can one tell what tower one is listening to on a simulcast system. I have been unable to find that info on Pro96com or Unitrunker. Just curious. Drive careful going home. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving day.

jim202

To the best of my technical knowledge, if your listening to a simulcast system, there is no way to tell which tower your listening to. They are all on the same frequency and transmitting the same information.

You just need to know what the control channels are and scan those. Audio distortion will occur in the tower overlap zones and a directional antenna will help. If the audio delays were not set up very well, the audio distortion you get is hit or miss.

Depending on where you are in the state, you can find either good coverage or marginal coverage. If you were in St. Tammany Parish, there should not be any place in the Parish where the signal level is poor, except inside some metal buildings. There are 8 towers now in the Parish that provide great coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.