Visiting Sac..what to scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
I'll be up there next weekend. Staying in Rancho Cordova, visiting family in El Dorado Hills. I'm not sure how much time I'll have for scanning, but I'll have my 396T with me, so I figure I'll program it.

If I recall correctly, Sac City (e.g.: PD, FD) used to share the same system as County (SO, FD). Now the database shows the same SRRCS, but a city and county site (plus a third for Folsom). Do all of the talk groups roam?

I live in the land of analog conventional (and I like it), so there are sometimes struggles trying to figure things out on a large trunking system.

Tips appreciated!

Sac916

Monitor the SRRCS site 2. Sac Sheriff Dispatches for Rancho Cordova PD.
Just need to monitor SD 3

Fire A and Fire A2 for the Sac County area including Rancho Cordova and Folsom

Sent from my Android via Tapatalk app

Sac916

Most of the Talk Groups will affiliate with both sites, but not always. You can load up site 1 but you should be fine with site 2, especially since this is just casual scanning.

If you're staying at a hotel in Rancho, do not leave any valuables in your car. Nothing that looks even slightly valuable. Even the nicer hotels have a good share of car burglaries.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Should I be regretting not staying in EDH or Folsom? Or changing my reservation?

Sac916

Red Roof , Motel 6. Courtyard have a good share of "problems". If it was my family I would promote EDH then Folsom. Not that there are no issues elsewhere. Folsom has plenty off retail and food, quite a bit nicer than Rancho. East Bidwell has been developed quite nicely. May shock you a bit if its been a few years.

Folsom PD 1 handles that area.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
East Sacramento and western El Dorado counties

Unless you specifically want to monitor traffic in the city of Sacramento, definitely "site 2" is all you need to monitor for Sacramento county. But El Dorado Hills is in El Dorado county. If you want to hear stuff local to there, you'll also need El Dorado Sheriff channel 1 (at minimum) and Camino Fire. I also recommend monitoring at least 2 of the State Parks channels (Tan & Blue). There's a ton of other interesting stuff to listen to, but it does depend on your specific interest.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Where to stay

Should I be regretting not staying in EDH or Folsom? Or changing my reservation?
Depends on specific location in RC that you planned to stay. I would not stay any further west than a hotel in the Point East Drive area (Sunrise Blvd).

Status
Not open for further replies.