Visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcool101

Feed Provider
On Preferences...Your Profile...Current Visitors....Why are robots aloud to view my posts? Esp Facebook Robots...I deactivated FB. They don't belong here

kruser

Premium Subscriber
On Preferences...Your Profile...Current Visitors....Why are robots aloud to view my posts? Esp Facebook Robots...I deactivated FB. They don't belong here

I doubt there's a darn thing that can be done about it. Today it seems if you post something online, it can and will be read by both robot and human. I remember when robots honered the robots.txt file one could place in their site content that told robots to not read any pages in that file. I wonder how many robots still honor that these days.
I'm with ya though, keep my stuff off of Facebook. That's one thing in life (out of many) that have taken privacy and thrown it out the window. Plus many of today's younger generation seems to think it is perfectly okay to tell the entire world every single thing they are doing at any given time. Some people are so gullible it's not even funny.
I'm not against social media sites but I do think they have taken it a step (several steps) too far.
Heck, CB radio was the popular form of social media back in my day! I participated in that when young. CompuServe also had a feature or forum called the CB forum which was much like much of today's Social Media sites for those that may recall CompuServe back in its heyday.
I still did not post every single move I was making in my personal life though! That's just plain stupid and usually creates many more problems for those posting such info than they will ever know until it is way too late.
That's my two cents.

Ubbe

Why do you feel the urge to post your life on Facebook? Use that media to discuss other things than your personal life and your personal values.

/Ubbe

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Nowadays, people judge their success in life by the number of "friends" they have on FB and the number of "likes' for any particular posting. That's pathetic.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I would not touch Facebook with a 10 foot pole.
That is the answer. I have also never gone near FB. Like all sites and apps when you agree to the terms of use that nobody reads because they're hundreds and hundreds of words long you are giving away so many rights and permitting so many violations of your privacy including in some cases giving up your first born male. LOL

I do everything I can to stay off the grid as best I can and I throw a lot of curves in there to do it.

If you agree to the terms of use on FB and then put all your personal information on your site including photos, you don't have a leg to stand on and have to just take what comes because you allowed it to happen.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm reluctant to admit it but FB has been beneficial to some, not including me. The police, for instance, use it because thugs are frequently so proud of their misdeeds, they post them for all the world to see. Long lost friends are often found, also. Be that as it may, I'm staying away from it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Post #3 is the answer to the OP's question.

You might want to start an anti-Facebook thread in the Tavern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.