• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Voice Message Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

N6ML

Too many combinations to quote here. Some relate to QCII tone handling, others relate to voice handling...

There are exactly three options for Binding Feature:

binding.PNG

Sub-Group requires tones, and Call Alert requires a SUID to be sent in the message. Neither of those are available to me, so I cannot use any Binding Feature other than "None".

in both cases at the end of the call when carrier drops.

I believe that that is an incorrect statement. The end of a P25 transmission is not detected by a carrier drop - it is signaled in control data by a Terminator Data Unit (TDU). There is no "hang time" in this scenario. It cannot be a carrier drop - especially in phase-II, where two sessions can share the same RF signal (TDMA).

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
There are exactly three options for Binding Feature:

View attachment 69235

Sub-Group requires tones, and Call Alert requires a SUID to be sent in the message. Neither of those are available to me, so I cannot use any Binding Feature other than "None".

I believe that that is an incorrect statement. The end of a P25 transmission is not detected by a carrier drop - it is signaled in control data by a Terminator Data Unit (TDU). There is no "hang time" in this scenario. It cannot be a carrier drop - especially in phase-II, where two sessions can share the same RF signal (TDMA).
If you can't use either choice due to your system then there's no point in discussing the options under each selection. However, for those that can use the selections available, it's the only way to use delay n function. Those folks should fully read the description on the right side of the screen to understand what's happening and if the timers will help.
P.S. Carrier drop is a bad choice of words on my part...should have said "transmission gap" as is used in the PPS description.

N6ML

If you can't use either choice due to your system then there's no point in discussing the options under each selection.

As I said in post #31, but you told me I was looking in the wrong place :D:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
We also get our calls via Active 911 on our phones, and some might think the pager is not really necessary, but I have my pager set up priority scanning the Dispatch TG and all our Ops TGs because as soon as we're dispatched, we are moved to an Ops TG, and the only way to hear what is going on on the Ops TG is with the pager or our department issued M XTS portables, but that's usually sitting my car.

Active 911 & eDispatch are great, but not to be relied upon for primary alerting. (We have both, for redundancy.)

I have our G4s set up with various options, with out dispatch TG being the highest priority most of the time. I have each of our available interoperable TG as highest priority, in two other zones, in case we are responding to a larger event, and there will be a delay in getting to the handhelds. Changing zones is easy, and fast.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.