Volusia county

Status
Not open for further replies.

home121

Has anyone else noticed that TG 15-021 is under radio shop ,however two things are going on one is you only hear one side of the conversation. The other side is clear , Two there is alot of traffic on it, are thay getting ready for full encryption ? Anyone have any expierance w/ this situation ? I would expect that thay would try out new communication on a radio shop freq.

shadcall

I don't even see a 15-021 listed in the database. I heard some beeping on it the other day, but I locked it out since all it was doing was the beeping. It seems lately that a lot of changes have been submitted to the database and I'm not convinced of their accuracy.

328Bravo

I don't even see a 15-021 listed in the database. I heard some beeping on it the other day, but I locked it out since all it was doing was the beeping. It seems lately that a lot of changes have been submitted to the database and I'm not convinced of their accuracy.

Well thats because of central taking over the whole county there has been alot of changes. I still havent fully understand FD talk group change. I did submit that Fire 3 no longer in service and all FD have switched to Fire 1 using the TAC 3-13 channels. TAC 14-16 are not being used and 17 is i think is now delton's?

Last edited:

nu4c

VCFRS current info

I monitor Volusia Fire Rescue daily. I can confirm the following

FIRE 1 / TG 02-041 is the Eastside Dispatch for VCFRS Battalion 10 (Sta 11& 13-18)& 20 (Sta 12, 21-23), Daytona Beach (Sta 1-7), Holly Hill (Sta 96), Ormond Beach (Sta 91-94), South Daytona (Sta 98), Port Orange (Sta 71-75), Ponce Inlet, DB Shores, NSB & Edgewater.

Each unit is assigned a TAC at the time of dispatch. I have heard traffic on TAC 3 thru and including TAC 10 assigned over the past month. I have heard multiple incidents simultaneously on the same TAC. Usually medical calls. Fire calls are usually assigned a unique TAC.

I have not heard TAC 11, 12, or 13 assigned. I believe these are reserved for use when multiple large scale incidents occur simultaneously. TAC 14, under previous conditions, was an ADMIN TAC. I have not heard any traffic on it recently. TAC 15 is the Fire Police TAC and as such is used when the Fire Police are called out. I heard traffic one time about a month ago.

FIRE 2 / TG 02-042 is the Westside Dispatch for VCFRS Battalion 30 (31-36) & 40 (Sta 41-46), Deltona (Sta 61-67), Orange City (Sta 68) and Deland (Sta 81-83)

Each unit is assigned a TAC at the time of dispatch. I have heard TAC 16 & TAC 17 used routinely. Note: these are the old RCC TAC 16 & 17 TG 06-106 & 06-107. I have heard TAC 18, 19 & 20 all assigned for calls. But I do NOT have the TG ID for these TACs.

TAC 21 thru 24 (old Deltona TG 13-062, 13-063, 13-064 & 13-077) I have heard traffic only on TAC 21.
TAC 26 thru 28 (old Deland TG 09-022, 09-023 & 09-024)

I am not sure that TAC 25, 29 or 30 actually are assigned a TG. Also I cannot find a TG ID for TAC 18, 19 or 20, but I do know these are active TACs

Can anyone help find TGs for any or all of these TACs?

All the above is based on my actual monitoring, BUT I do not monitor 24/7 so I am probably missing a lot. Please, if you are aware of error or omission, you input is appreciated and welcome.

Paul

shadcall

I have noticed a few times that 15-021 is simulcasting a transmission at the same time a regular TG is active. For example I just heard EVAC enroute to Halifax and their call to the ER came on both their regular TG 02-023 and 15-021. So I doubt that 15-021 is the radio shop. It sounds like it is just like other 15-xxx TG's which are patches.

While typing this a call came over 15-021 as a fire dispatch and the responding units were to use Tac 8. My other scanner did not pick up if it was simulcast on another TG, it may have been on other traffic.

Last edited:

james32746

Premium Subscriber
They are also appearing to reband the system. This morning on 854.3625, I caught a looped voice stating "Volusia County Radio System Test on channels 4A and 14B" (meaning LCN slot 4 on system A and LCN slot 14 on system B) and inputing that frequency into the respective slots gives me voice testing on 15-021.

shadcall

They are also appearing to reband the system. This morning on 854.3625, I caught a looped voice stating "Volusia County Radio System Test on channels 4A and 14B" (meaning LCN slot 4 on system A and LCN slot 14 on system B) and inputing that frequency into the respective slots gives me voice testing on 15-021.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say they are "appearing to reband the system." Here is the Wiki info on rebanding which in short means they would be changing frequencies.

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

That voice loop has been going on for a long time. It is annoying since it repeats itself over and over. The same thing can be heard on 855.9875. Neither of these frequencies are part of the EDACS trunk system used by Volusia. It may be that they are for testing only so I would not put much stock into what you are hearing there.

mk262

Premium Subscriber

I don't see any of the three edacs systems in volusia using frequencies outside of 854-862mhz which should mean we don't need to reband. Unless I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.