• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Voter Supression is Real Folks

Stop imagining things, the last several elections have proven what happens and its exactly as I described. You are pulling things out of your demented a$$.
You're attributing the actions of a few to half the voting population. So, if you can say stupid s**t like that, I figure I can, too.

You guys don't seem to like it when others behave the same way you do.

I'm going by what the local news channels broadcast after elections. Dem wins, not much to report. Repubs win, rioting and property damage. I'm not pointing out the actions of just a few, I'm pointing out that dem losers riot and repubs don't as reported by the news covering the streets where I live.

Please explain this phenomenon in a rational manner because its well documented.

You're attributing the actions of a few to half the voting population. So, if you can say stupid s**t like that, I figure I can, too.

You guys don't seem to like it when others behave the same way you do.

Please explain this phenomenon in a rational manner because its well documented.
You show me that documentation.

A group here or there making the news is not documentation of anything more than a group here or there making the news.

That's just like me saying that when Republicans lose, they'll all go out and beat up a gay man. Well, that's happened. Do we blame the entire Republican party? By your rules of engagement, that's fair play. You really want to go there? Let's talk about the recent events where right wing extremists are committing acts of violence?

The mail bomber pretty much shut that discussion down, didn't it. The timing was perfect. You want to own every stupid thing that every stupid Trump supporter pulls off? Because that's what I'm getting from this conversation. The guy it who shot up the synagogue espoused the same right wing BS you guys do, except that Trump wasn't far right enough for him. You want to own that, too? Because you can. It's fine with me.

Last edited:
Seriously, we have a state where the sitting secretary overseeing elections is also a candidate, and refuses to recuse himself of overseeing the very election he's running in. He blames democrats for "hacking" yet he's currently (barely) in the lead.
It's beyond me how anyone could see this as OK, but Republicans are establishing this as the new normal.

ipfd320

Banned
While on this Subject

Abrams refuses to concede Georgia governor's race

Republican Brian Kemp on Tuesday was leading Democrat Stacey Abrams in a bitter contest to become Georgia’s next governor.

Abrams was seeking to become the first African-American woman elected governor in American history, but trailed by three points with 97 percent of the vote counted.

In an impassioned speech to supporters at 1:30 a.m., Abrams refused to concede, suggesting that the race might go to a runoff. Voters will get a “do-over,” she promised.

Under Georgia law, a candidate must win an outright majority to be elected. With a third-party candidate pulling just under 1 percent of the vote, there was at least a mathematical possibility that uncounted absentee and provisional ballots could bring Kemp below the 50 percent threshold.

Kemp was aided down the stretch by President Trump, who campaigned with him on Sunday afternoon. Trump amplified Kemp’s message, which was centered on telling Republican voters — who are overwhelmingly white — that they should fear Abrams.

Story can be Found Here *(very interesting read)*-->
https://www.yahoo.com/news/stacey-abrams-trails-kemp-georgia-race-063203884.html

It's beyond me how anyone could see this as OK, but Republicans are establishing this as the new normal.
The hypocrisy is astounding. If we had a reversal of parties, a democratic secretary of state, the righteous right would be rioting for the SOS to recuse himself/herself.

Any reasonable person with a shred of ethics would have resigned upon running for such an office. Our county commission chair did when he ran for mayor of Atlanta. Another metro Atlanta county commission chair resigned when entering the race for AG. But this turd, who's stench reaches back decades, sang all the right redneck racist rants to the swarms of white people who are TERRIFIED of the thought of a black female governor. TERRIFIED to the point that they will accept a corrupt, uneducated, rifle pointing bigot who does a horrible job as a secretary of state because of their inbred bigotry. And we all suffer for it. Morons, damn all of you who voted for this piece of feces. I get it, you hate black folks. Fine. Write in Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, heck, even Pee Wee Herman. But this turd is evil and we will all pay for it if he is able to steal this election (which being that he oversees and certifies it, will be the most likely outcome).

Last edited:
The hypocrisy is astounding. If we had a reversal of parties, a democratic secretary of state, the righteous right would be rioting for the SOS to recuse himself/herself.
This particular conflict of interest is egregious enough that I could see the election results overturned if it got challenged. Assuming a black woman could get a fair shake in the state supreme court there.

This particular conflict of interest is egregious enough that I could see the election results overturned if it got challenged. Assuming a black woman could get a fair shake in the state supreme court there.
I have zero faith in the supreme court stepping in. The good ol' boy system thrives here and the corruption is embedded. It would take the Feds getting involved.

ipfd320

Banned
Well Needless to Say Attorney Jeff Sessions has Stepped Down from his Position (Well Actually Fired According to some News Outlets)---Hmmmmmm I Wonder Why

Now the Chief of Staff Matthew G Whitaker is Taking His Place

Im Still figuring Out Why Him and Not Rothstein who is the Assistant A/G

Good Ol Nancy Fired this Partial Statement Off in a Tweet

“It is impossible to read Attorney General Sessions’ firing as anything other than another blatant attempt by @realDonaldTrump to undermine & end Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi tweeted.

So Whats Everyones Theory on This Aspect

CQ

Sure Is

Why outsource election meddling to social media bots (only affects the feeble minded that probably don't vote anyway) when you have actual ballots, including fake ones, in your hands? Yes, money and in the name of the corrupt demographic party.

Judge Rules In Gov. Scott’s Favor In Broward Elections Records Request
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/11/...s-favor-in-broward-elections-records-request/

GOP protesters chant ‘lock her up’ about Florida county election chief
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ck-her-up-about-florida-county-election-chief

Brenda Snipes, Broward elections official at center of ballot storm, has history of controversy
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/br...-been-involved-in-past-election-controversies

Whoops! Brenda Snipes’ office mixed bad provisional ballots with good ones
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article221452655.html

Broward County elections supervisor illegally destroyed ballots, judge rules
https://www.local10.com/news/florid...visor-illegally-destroyed-ballots-judge-rules

Old Brenda has a history dating 15 years.

ipfd320

Banned
https://www.apnews.com/3b4e63717b164dc199d02bd21aa17307

Here is a little insight report from the Associated Press Titled
(Election shows how gerrymandering is difficult to overcome)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Then Along with This---
(In defeat, Abrams casts aside traditional expectations)
https://www.apnews.com/b40a9cefe04441f581d0bfef9aab6ff4

ATLANTA (AP) — Stacey Abrams broke the rules of politics until the very end.

The Georgia Democrat who came about 60,000 votes shy of becoming America’s first black woman governor refused to follow the traditional script for defeated politicians who offer gracious congratulations to their victorious competitor and gently exit the stage. Instead, Abrams ended her campaign in an unapologetically indignant tone that established herself as a leading voting rights advocate.

“I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election,” Abrams said in a fiery 12-minute address. “But to watch an elected official ... baldly pin his hopes for election on the suppression of the people’s democratic right to vote has been truly appalling.”

“So let’s be clear,” Abrams concluded, “this is not a speech of concession.”

Use Link for this Complete Story--> https://www.apnews.com/b40a9cefe04441f581d0bfef9aab6ff4

Last edited:

Any reasonable person with a shred of ethics would have resigned upon running for such an office. Our county commission chair did when he ran for mayor of Atlanta. Another metro Atlanta county commission chair resigned when entering the race for AG. But this turd, who's stench reaches back decades, sang all the right redneck racist rants to the swarms of white people who are TERRIFIED of the thought of a black female governor. TERRIFIED to the point that they will accept a corrupt, uneducated, rifle pointing bigot who does a horrible job as a secretary of state because of their inbred bigotry. And we all suffer for it. Morons, damn all of you who voted for this piece of feces. I get it, you hate black folks. Fine. Write in Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, heck, even Pee Wee Herman. But this turd is evil and we will all pay for it if he is able to steal this election (which being that he oversees and certifies it, will be the most likely outcome).

OOPS Erik. Kemp won. Now what??

Larry

ipfd320

Banned
Looks Like N.Carolina is in Limbo with Voter Fraud Accusations and an Investigation

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rth-carolina-voter-fraud-claims-idUSKCN1NZ2T2

POLITICS NOVEMBER 30, 2018 / 6:08 PM / UPDATED AN HOUR AGO

House race in limbo after North Carolina voter fraud claims

Andrew Hay

(Reuters) - North Carolina’s board of elections on Friday declined to certify Republican Mark Harris’ apparent victory in a U.S. House of Representatives race, calling instead for a public hearing to investigate claims of voter fraud and irregularities.

Harris edged Democrat Dan McCready by 905 votes in the Nov. 6 congressional election. But the validity of hundreds of mail-in absentee ballots from a rural county has been called into question, the elections board said on Twitter.

The board voted 7-2 to hold a hearing due “to claims of numerous irregularities and concerted fraudulent activities related to absentee mail ballots,” Joshua Malcolm, vice chairman of the board of elections, said in a recorded session on Friday.

--------------------------------------------

More to the Story at Link Above

--------------------------------------------

ipfd320

Banned
And just to add more logs to the N.Carolina Fire--Hmmmmm I wonder Why

North Carolina Board of Elections chairman resigns amid election fraud investigation

The chairman of the North Carolina Board of Elections has resigned amid a growing investigation into possible election fraud that allegedly took place in this year's primary and general elections in the state's 9th Congressional District.

Andy Penry, a Democrat appointed to the position by the state's Democratic Governor Roy Cooper, had been facing criticism from local Republican officials that he is biased, pointing to various Twitter posts that were critical of President Trump as evidence.

Penry's Twitter account has been changed to private, but the Raleigh News & Observer, whose editorial board called on Penry to resign yesterday, cites an example where he referred to Trump as a "despicable human being."

More on the Story Here--> https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nor...imbo-amid-allegations-voter/story?id=59529538

Penry's Twitter account has been changed to private, but the Raleigh News & Observer, whose editorial board called on Penry to resign yesterday, cites an example where he referred to Trump as a "despicable human being."
While I agree with the sentiment, I disagree that an election official should post such partisan opinion in a public forum.