• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VP600 Pre MDC help

KD9RTX

Just getting into the VP600 radio I picked up this week. I've got a couple zones programmed in for some simplex and repeater channels I use. So far I'm really liking the Armada software (running version 1.36). One thing that's been eluding me is the Pre MDC ANI on repeater channels. For some reason I'm able to get it to work on simplex, but not on a repeater channel. The simplex and repeater channels are on two different systems but I've compared both system's settings and everything matches. The Pre MDC box is checked on the appropriate channel but it's not coming through on the other end and I'm not hearing what should be a short PTT Side Tone. I'm very new to this software so I'm sure there is some nuance that I'm missing. Anybody have any ideas what I might be missing?

KD9RTX

Should have mentioned it works without any issues on my XTS5k, 2500s, XTL mobiles, XPRs, and Tait TP8120s. Same PL settings for everything of course unless there is something specific I'm missing.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I would look for a pretimer in the software. When we went from 4W analog voters to IP voters we needed to leangthen the pre timing to get connsistant MDC. Some radios would not work at all and others were intermittant.

KD9RTX

Jeepsandradios, that was it exactly. I was going to post later that I got it sorted out. The Motorolas I am familiar with have their MDC initial delay set longer by default than the VP600 so it just worked with them. When I increased that delay on the VP things started working.