VX-3 Mod WANTED to enable TX on 460mhz band, Yaesu

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Sick bird

Originally Posted by N1BHH
It's only illegal if you are caught...

Does that apply to everything? I think CB died because of the idiots that took over and then killed the service. I suppose you could say "It's only illegal to kill someone if you are caught". NOT!!!! I know as long as there are humans left on this earth, there will always be some that feel laws are made to be broken. Yet, most of the laws are enacted to protect the innocent from the stupid and foolish.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Tried the software mod on my VX-2.
My favorite: the keypad-only sequence to open up 800 MHz Rx on my VX-1...once you correctly made it past the 13 steps! I wouldn't even call this a mod, because it was the same radio before and after. :lol:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Yet, most of the laws are enacted to protect the innocent from the stupid and foolish."
EPIC FAIL! Innocent people can protect themselves from stupid and foolish, that's what guns are for. In the words of Robert A. Heinlein "A well armed society is a polite society."

Those laws are written to protect the stupid and foolish from themselves in direct conflict with Darwinian theory of adaptive evolution through survival of the fittest. We need chlorine in the gene pool, repeal those laws and remove warning labels, let nature take its course and we won't need the guns.

rescuecomm

"Yet, most of the laws are enacted to protect the innocent from the stupid and foolish."

The FCC items in question are not laws, but rules and regulations. In the US, laws are enacted by elected officials. These rules and regs are made to prevent interference to communications, which, in a lot of instances, the transmission of is essential to life saving or law enforcement activities.

This brings me back to a time when the first "export" keypad programmable handhelds were finding their way to the US. I remember one enterprising soul who programmed the correct output freq for a local fire dept. repeater. He put the wrong input freq in it and was keying a police repeater instead. Since he couldn't hear the FD repeater key up, he started whistling into the radio and saying "hello, hello". The police dispatcher recognized the voice and made a frantic call to get the errant radio user off the air. I hope sabrescanner1 is sure of what he is doing.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.