• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VX-459 programming questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
This is for someone who has time or wants to contribute for a few or more questions on a Vertex VX 459 programming.

Not a newb, deal with Motorola, Kenwood mainly but on the VX 459 portables was given one and never bothered with them before until now. So if anyone knows and has time to add anything I'd appreciate it.

Is there is nuisance scan button you can program? Didn't see one in the menus but if there is I'm sure it's called something else.

The Pl reverse burst, I set it to 120 degrees, even tried 180 yet still get a squelch tail as if it was csq on a Motorola repeater/system which our Kenwoods do fine with.

Common for this low tier radio? If not what am I missing for the reverse and what settings worked for you?

I am aware of the 180 vs the 120 phase shift.

Just not sure if these models of vertex are truly capable of reverse burst muting the tail from Motorola and Kenwood.

Also if I wanted to have specific channels not have a TX where is the option for that channel to be inhibit on tx? I don't see it but there was one in the menus which im thinking is radio wide for everything over per channel. I did try the leaving the frequency blank without success so I'm missing something.

I may inquire more here later but mainly that's what my current questions are.

Thanks.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Got the reverse burst working.

Haven't figured out yet how to set the priority channel to the selector knob while in scan. So far every option don't seem to result that.

Status
Not open for further replies.