• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VXR-7000 Random TX noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

noloflash

The repeater is sending out randomly timed bursts of TX noise that sounds like a squelch tail. The repeater is NOT receiving a signal when this occurs and the busy light does NOT come on. The TX light does com on during the burst.

This repeater has been in service for years and this is a recent problem.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks!
N

RFI-EMI-GUY

1 what is the CTCSS tone?

2 try disconnecting the receiver from the duplexer for a while to see if this stops.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

noloflash

Thank you. D131
And I will try to disconnect duplexer... Why would this help? What's causing it?

RFI-EMI-GUY

Thank you. D131
And I will try to disconnect duplexer... Why would this help? What's causing it?

1) Assuming you are in North America where power line is 60 Hz, electrical discharge or NTSC TV Video can trip CTCSS tones harmonically related to 60 Hz.

2) If disconnecting the receiver from the duplexer cures it, then it is a signal on air. If not, perhaps a fault in the repeater like a microprocessor reset or other.

noloflash

Thank you for the quick reply I do not believe the radio is receiving any signal because the busy light does not come on when it sends out the rogue squelch sound. Additionally, I put another radio nearby programmed to receive on the same frequency and it does not receive any signal when those bursts appear.

Anything you can suggest that I can do to repair if it's a micro processor reset or other issue?

RFI-EMI-GUY

Thank you for the quick reply I do not believe the radio is receiving any signal because the busy light does not come on when it sends out the rogue squelch sound. Additionally, I put another radio nearby programmed to receive on the same frequency and it does not receive any signal when those bursts appear.

Anything you can suggest that I can do to repair if it's a micro processor reset or other issue?
I don't think you can assume that the busy light reacts fast enough to respond to a fast noise burst.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

cmdrwill

What RFI-EMI-Guy says, and:

IS the repeater's receiver squelch set properly. Is AND squelch enabled?

Did the OP disconnect the RECEIVE side from the duplexer?
IS the duplexer properly aligned?

noloflash

What RFI-EMI-Guy says, and:

IS the repeater's receiver squelch set properly. Is AND squelch enabled?

Did the OP disconnect the RECEIVE side from the duplexer?
IS the duplexer properly aligned?

Yes, I believe squelch is set properly and I turned the knob all the way up and all still works except that it still sends out the bursts.

I will try the disconnect idea from the duplexer....I did try it with a low quality antenna in the building and listened with a different radio on the repeater RX frequency in the same location, and did not receive a signal.

The duplexer has worked for years, the unit has not been moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.