W4RAT Repeaters 70cm working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHam

I'm new at this so please excuse me if this is obvious and I don't get it.

I've been working the 146.28/88 W4RAT repeater and it is coming in loud and clear. I also set up the 442.55/447.55 with the same PL 74.4 MHz as a CTCSS and as a + offset. When I key up 146.28 I get a beep when I'm done transmitting but when I key up 447.55 I don't get a beep at the end of transmitting. Also I don't hear any traffic or repeater call sign announcements.

Is this repeater operational? If it is I must be doing something wrong. It's CTCSS like the 146.28/88 machine right?

Eric
KK4MWM

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
"Both repeaters are accessed by a CTCSS (PL) tone of 74.4Hz and transmit a 74.4Hz sub-audible tone, so you may set your receiver to break squelch only when the RATS repeaters are transmitting. You must transmit a 74.4Hz tone to bring the repeaters up! The tones are used to avoid interference from other repeaters whose coverage occasionally overlaps ours, and is suggested by the Southeastern Repeater Association, our frequency coordinating body in southern Virginia and the southeast. Each transmitter's output power is approximately 70 watts." cut and pasted from the RAT website

DaddyHam

Thanks,

I had already consulted the web site. But I decided to do a VFO reset (which does not clear the memory setting) and it started to work.

Eric
KK4MWM

Status
Not open for further replies.