Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• wake(2).pdf
    471.7 KB · Views: 21
  • wake(1).pdf
    477.3 KB · Views: 29

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm unsure what this means, how will this affect my scanning in Wake County? Thanks.
It means eventually we'll be reprogramming to P25 from Motorola, and we may need to find new talkgroups and control/alternate channels.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

ralsa

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick response. So this will only affect those groups who are not currently using P25, correct. I mainly listen to the Wake County Simulcast and NC VIPER which come through on P25.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So this will only affect those groups who are not currently using P25, correct. I mainly listen to the Wake County Simulcast and NC VIPER which come through on P25.

Wake County Simulcast is a Motorola Type II SmartZone system, it will affect them. Viper is P25 and will not be affected.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
do you have any thoughts as to when you believe this may happen?

Nope, but it can't be too far off as they've requested a modification to the FCC license to change from Motorola to P25. Hopefully someone with better information might shed some light on anticipated date and other relevant information.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
GoRaleigh, who uses the Wake system for their radios, having safety meetings this week where they'll be discussing changes in the radios and how communications will work after an approaching change. Under the new system drivers will only be able to talk to dispatch and supervisors, not bus to bus.

No date has been given for the change.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if this is a move to do true interop with Cary/Morrisville/Apex since they recently all merged.

While that is a benefit of the move, this move has been in the planning stage for years, well before Morrisville/Apex opted out of the Wake Co system.

Status
Not open for further replies.